Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what kind of time

DOUBLE LUNG

Just wondering what kind of time period everyone with a trail cam puts in between each picture. I suppose it depends on where you have it set. Also do you go by the date or by time for your display. Just curious.

I got mine set at 1 minute, been getting alot of curious does, i should probably set it to five minutes or so, but i keep thinking maybe a bachelor group of bucks will come through and i would need to get pics every minute. i also go by the time stamp, i feel it doesnt really matter what day they come through, the time of day is what im more interested in, all my bucks so far have been at 1 oclock in the afternoon, that i would of never dreamed and sure is interesting to me anyways
smile.gif

I also use a 1 minute interval. With the digital I am using I get time and date available on the display, not stamped on the photo.

On average I set mine every 10 minutes. If I had a digital would set it lower. My camera will stamp the day (but not date) & time together.

Ironwood, what brand of digital do you have?

I have mine set to print the time and I have the timer at 1 min. between pics. Get some multiple pics of a group once in awhile but I want it that way incase mr. big comes in.
grin.gif

Only 2 kinds of mistakes possible with the time setting:

1) Your setting is too short and you burn up a roll of film too quickly.

2) Your setting is too long and you may miss that buck of a lifetime.

Since I can live with #1, but not #2...I tend to go with the 1 minute setting even over a mineral lick. Worst case scenario I've got to check the camera every 3 or 4 days. Good luck!

NWBuck

Like NWBuck mentioned, I'd rather burn a roll of film than miss a nice buck in the area. I've always set both my cameras at 30 seconds...and time display (day/hour/minute), I usually write the month and location on the back when I get them developed.

Top Bottom