Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What will he do?

ironwood

I posted this picture earlier. I am just curious what you all think this deer will develop into this season. The photo was taken on June 9th and I cropped it a little to make the antlers a little more visible. Let me know what you think this deer will finish his growth at.
547P6090015resized-med.jpg

I am not an expert on this Ironwood and probably guessing the obvious, but it looks like he will be at least a good 6 pointer. He also has good mass at his bases.

I am guessing that he will grow into about 120 to 130 class buck this year. Be will have great chances at being a brute in the future though.

What will he do??? I think he will finish chewing his food and then keep walking into the cover to bed down and dream of the day when he is the dominant buck who gets all the girls.
grin.gif

Good thoughts, Kat. Plus, he may be plagued with self-esteem issues, which will keep him from developing up to his potential. Yes, this fine young buck may fall short of his dreams . . because they never make the transition into goals.

I think you may be right, Camo. Poor little fella, after finding out that he's been secretly photographed by Mr. Wood, he does look like he could use some counseling. Maybe a one on one session with Matt Foley, motivational speaker?
smile.gif

Kat, Camo, someday maybe we'll take way his pain. We'll wait until he has those issue to be cured of.

What will he do? I'm never quite clear enought am I.

If i had to guess, I would say he would finish out around 120-130 class also, but I guess you really never know until its all said and done
smile.gif

LX, is a very possitive thinker. There are alot of six point genes in this area and I would not be surprized at all if he never gets beyond a six. Some of them get pretty big. I think a big framed six would be a great trophy.

I am with LIV4RUT on this one.He definitely has some growin left to do yet.He has got to keep eatin his wheaties though.
grin.gif

Hey Wood, I think you guys are selling him short. His bases aren't bad and his G-2's start at the tip's of his ears, he probably has a 15-16 inch spread right now. Maybe two inch brows and a Good month and a half of growing!! Doesn't sound like a basket rack six to me. Maybe I'm wrong but I bet he makes pope and young. How bout I come down and find out for ya this November
cool.gif

Top Bottom