Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

where is the best place to sit for late season bucks

16point

where would the best place to sit to get a deer with a bow this late in the season?

if you could give me a idea to where to sit id be much obliged

thanks "16point"

At this time of the year I sit between the bedding areas and feeding areas. This is easier to accomplish on evening hunts than morning hunts. Good luck and dress warm!

The last three evenings I've been sitting on a fence line between a bean and corn field....first night 60 head....last night 25 head.....tonight 30 head. They're coming out to feed each afternoon about 4:00.

Let some nice bucks go....waiting for a big one I know is hanging around the area....

I sat in a draw that ran out to a corn field from a big timber. Only got to hunt two afternoons and saw 46 and 21! I almost felt like I was cheating! My buddy and I sat in a double bull blind with a portable heater. Didn't shoot, but had blast seeing the deer and hanging with my friend!

I'd check out the corn and beanfields, but it depends on what else is available. You can also check the rub lines from earlier in the year, if they haven't been disturbed. A rub line is a place where a buck feels secure traveling, and that won't change unless that buck has had an experience and knows the area isn't safe anymore.

Top Bottom