Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where'd the deer go???

cwing

I have two archery tags left in Jasper Co. and I would love to fill just one, but there is this one problem. I can't find a deer anywhere. I'm not even seeing heavily traveled trails only spuratic tracks. Does anyone have any idea were I should be looking and what time of day? Help Please

With all the melting they've been hitting the fields heavy by me for the uncovered grain residual. Have you checked the field edges? A lot of the deer I'm seeing aren't going to the normal bedding areas as much right now. More like bedding in staging areas and hitting the fields every chance they get.

feild edges(alfalfa- corn ) an hour before dark.with the cold weather , they need to keep metabolism up, they neeed food.Hunt the food source in your area.

The melting around here totally messed things up as well. Before the thaw, I was hunting around the only open water near a creek. Now the creek is thawed and they are hitting the fields. I switched to some private land that doesn't have any corn or beans for miles and deer there are on a normal routine.

Top Bottom