Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whisker Biskit

luvtohunt

Has anyone used a Whisker Biskit bow rest? Thinking about getting one, and just looking for opinions. Thank you

Dont!!!! Your arrow never rests in the same position twice. There was a post on here about a month ago and the feed back was nasty. Nobody liked it so theres your answer.

I have two friends who use the rest and really like it. You need to use the correct one. They make a carbon and an aluminum arrow versions. A small carbon arrow on the aluminum rest would be sloppy and as mentioned possibly not positioned correctly each time.

i wouldnt buy one? i tried one out and even the guy at the counter told me he wouldnt shoot one on his bow either. but thats his opinion too? after time the brissles bend over and break off and i just dont trust them!! but thats my opinion to so all i can say is suit yourself.

"16point"

Whisker biskit, I used mine for ayear and just love it..you have to have the right one,for the type arrow your shooting. I have shot 200+ shots with no problems ,plus they are very quiet and easy to tune.

I use the alum. biscuit for A/C/C's and have been shooting better than ever. You need to try one out b4 buying it and decide for yourself. I don't regret buying one but there are others out there that did/do.

A friend of mine put one on his bow and it kept tearing up his fletching. Other than that, he had no complaints that I know of. There is a funnel rest available, plastic arms that wrap around the arrow. Anybody know how it works or doesn't work?

It's interesting to see that people have positive comments about this rest. I've heard nothing good about it and this includes comments from more than one pro shop.

150, unless you have tried the rest yourself you shouldn't say anything. Yeah "I've heard this and that, blah blah blah" Thats all heresay. That's what's wrong with some people, they knock it before they have tried it. I have a friend who uses the rest and loves it. I think the people you have used this rest should post there input, anyother input from people who haven't tried is pretty much garbage to me!

I love my biskit! It does tear up fletchings-I've shot each arrow 20-30 times before having to refletch. It's great stand hunting - arrow always in place ready to shoot. It's very easy to tune.Shooting bullet holes in 2-3 minutes. Best rest I've ever used.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to bash the rest. Just making a comment that I was surprised to see what appears to be more positive than negative comments because all I have heard before was negative. As a matter of fact, because of this board, I would now not be afraid to try it while I was before.

As some of you may recall this is my first serious year of bow hunting. The year before I used my old recuve and became very frustrated with the arrow falling off the rest. So when I did research on the net and talked to alot of folks about bows etc., the whisker bisket sounded good. I had the guys at Fin and Feather put one on my SQ32 and I have been very impressed. I don't, however, have any experience with any other rest so take it for what its worth. I practiced and practiced and practiced with it from mid summer on so I'm guessing 500-600 shots and I don't see any change in my groupings from wear, just changes from getting beter. It has chewed the poop outa my fletchings and I will learn how to reflecth my shafts this off season. I was also concerned about broadheads ripping it up but haven't noticed any whiskers being cut off.

I like my bisket.

The 'Bonker

I love mine, even though I modified it. I cut the wiskers out where the vanes go thru.That way, there is nothing touching the vanes on the way thru. I also have a V cut in the side to slide my arrow in.Best rest for stand or ground hunting.

Luvtohunt, you won,t be sorry for trying the bisket. I glad to see alot more positive feedback about the biskit from the ones that have used them .. Good luck ....

Thank you for all your input. I think i am going to give one a shot, Lord knows i have spent alot more money alot more foolishly. thanks again to all! your input is appreciated.

Top Bottom