Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who knew?????

JNRBRONC

Who knew that we had a thespian in our midsts?????

Screen shot of a local website, advertising a play that they will be performing. Get your tickets now!
icefishing.jpg

Guys On Ice Logo

Book and Lyrics by Fred Alley
Music by James Kaplan
Directed by Jody Hovland

Back and colder than ever... the smash hit from 2007
returns January 23 - February 22!

Join long-time pals Lloyd and Marvin (THA4) in their ice fishing shanty. The guys keep warm with a mutual appreciation for good bait, cold beer and the Green Bay Packers. As Marvin anxiously awaits his opportunity to appear on a cable TV fishing show, both pals scramble to protect their cold ones from fellow angler, Ernie the Moocher. With musical numbers like “Ode to a Snowmobile Suit” and “Fish is de Miracle Food”,
Guys on Ice is sure to charm your wool socks off!

im getting a funny feeling like your making fun of me....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sheesh, dont be such a fat-kid hater
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im getting a funny feeling like your making fun of me....
</div></div>

"a mutual appreciation for good bait, cold beer and the Green Bay Packers. As THA4 anxiously awaits his opportunity to appear on a cable TV fishing show,"

Just a little too eerie how similar things are......

If you'd trade in that Merlot for a beer...... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I wonder what kind of crowd this will draw in Iowa City? My guess is a bunch of stuffy snobs who are there to look down their noses and laugh at "rednecks". /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Somehow I don't think I'll be going to this "play". /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'll wait for it to come out on video. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I made the mistake of showing the "Bronced up" play bill to my wife. Looks like I'm in for a double dose of "culture". I wonder if they will make me check my weapon and six pack at the theater door. Surely the other patrons won't point and laugh at my ‘Bonkerflauge shirt will they?

I'll throw myself to the hoity toity Iowa City cultural wolves and report back on the musical. It is the least I can do for my IW brethren.

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Surely the other patrons won't point and laugh at my ‘Bonkerflauge shirt will they?

The ‘Bonker
</div></div>

Break out your best hemp 'bonkerflauge shirt and you will fit right in. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom