Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Will i see him again???

doublebrow

"You Cant Fix Stupid"
I am in a dilema... i had the ultimate everything go wrong hunt last night. i was so excited to go to my new stand i set up sat night i forgot to put on my release from hanging on my bow string.. well i get everything ready and walk in get up to my stand and realize i dont have my release ****. i decide its to late to go look for it long walk in. so i am gonna use my fingers.. bad idea had 2 bucks walk within 35 yards of me last night took a shot at the 2nd one and missed badly i know it's cause of not having my release. heres my question after i found my arrow and was walking out of the timber down a fenceline with crp on other side i hear a snort and duck down to see the biggest deer i have seen on the property.. i had just found my release on the trail i walked in like 50 yds before put it on quick knocked an arrow and belly crawled to the nearest opening about 10 yards away as soon as i kneeled and drew to shoot him 35 yards broadside he turns and runs not a ethical shot to take... heres my question i cant hunt again till the 19th and 21st of november am i going to be too late to catch some of the rut still or will i be ok?? i am sick to my stomach at work 2day cant believe i did that!!! rookie mistake i will never make again!!!

I'd give the stand a 2 or 3 day rest then hunt it again. I've noticed giving a stand a few days between hunts is normally gooder anyway.

I'd give the stand a 2 or 3 day rest then hunt it again. I've noticed giving a stand a few days between hunts is normally gooder anyway.

I agree, who knows if he will still be around the area at all.
This time of year with the rut going I doubt it will make a big difference. I'd stay out of the area for a bit. That would probably be "gooder," lol.

I missed a giant buck Friday Night. Then saw him sunday morning running does. He has other things on his mind right now. Buy a second release and leave it in your pack. I have 3 that i bring with just incase.

yah thats what everyone is telling me i'm just gonna put it on my wrist first thing i do from now on god i kicked myself all day at work today knowing its gonna be 10 days before i can get back in there 2 hunt!!! will the rut still be going in 10 days???

Don't worry, sounds like you have a solid set up. Bucks will be locked down with does in 10 days, but some will be cruising inbetween dates. You'll continue to see pudwackers that can't find a date cruising.

The other best time to kill a giant is when the big boys start running out of does.....just before thanksgiving to shotgun opener. My top 3 have come on 23rd, 28th, and 30th.

Patience Danielson.

thank you mr. miagi i just got so jacked up last night seeing all those bucks chasing does havent seen any action at all compared to last night and now i have to wait damn near 2 weeks 2 get back in there! FML

Another way to handle the release is to attached it to a limb of the bow EVERYTIME you take it off. My release is NEVER stored anywhere but around my bow limb. Good luck, hope ya get to see him again.

A few years ago I hit a mid 160s high (grrrrr)....saw him two days later within 200 yrds of where I had hit him, and then saw him 200 yards in another direction locked down with a doe. I never did get him, but was amazed that he didn't just leave the area...don't give up!!!

He'll be back.... its the time of year where the bucks dont think much..... Good thing he didnt catch you bent over or it might have ended even worse for you! :D
:way:

forgot the release

I keep my release in my hunting bag, and I also have a backup, you are not alone, I read a lot of stories about hunts ruined because of not having a release, at least you didn't forgot your arrows like I did one time,,,awful:rolleyes:

Top Bottom