Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Would you call this a drop?

kwright

kwright
I don't know exactly what defines a drop tine. Would this qualify?
MDGC0538.jpg

I'm not sure this deer is mature, but I sure would like to get my hands on those horns. What do you think?

took me a bit to see what you were talking about, ya that's definitely a very unique deer. I'd say he's not much older than 3.5 and one more year he'd be a absolute stud!

I agree with Booner BUT, I think it's a toss up as to whether or not that funky tine re-appears. Could be genetics, could be from an injury. I'll be curious to see what other guys think about this as well... He's REALLY cool, though!

I think this is probably the result of an injury. You can tell that something happened to his main beam on that side. Here's another picture that shows a different angle. He'd sure be hard for me to pass.
MDGC0530.jpg

Well then I guess the decision is up to you whether or not you want to kill him because he has 1 unique tine or if you want to give him a chance to reach his full potential. Either way, good luck! If given an opportunity, he would be very difficult for me to pass as well!

I like character. I would shoot him. but if let go he could grow into a much more impressive buck next year just minus the screwed up main beam and flyer.

hard to say his age.... I had a buck last year on camera we felt was 3.5. He showed up this year and we now feel is 5.5 plus.... Pix just don't say enough.

I won't lie, I'd kill him in a heartbeat, he might not have that character next year

Trophy for sure!

Top Bottom