Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wounded deer

J

jakew

I completely agree, I shot a nice eight point and was able to butcher the carcass because of a wound caused by a bowhunter who wasn't able to put the proper kill shot on the buck. I've heard of people bragging how they hit 3-4 and haven't been able to find them. That really pisses me off when those bucks are probable aren't huge but given a couple of years would be nice trophys. Granted people aren't always gonna find their deer even with a good shot, but there are a lot of amatuer bow hunters who taking immpossible shots knowing they won't make the kill. One deer yes , but 3-4 is not aceptable. I just hate to see that sort of thing happen. I guess I'm glad I shot the wpounded buck even though I was un-able to harvest the meet. We need some sort of course for bow hunters. and if they are un-able to make a certain percentage of their shots than they shouldn't be allowed to get a bow tack. I could also say the same for some shot-gun hunters who I have seen lofting 120yds shots at a running bucks and they know they have no chance in h#@$ to hit the thing. these Thoughs are my thought and I could be wrong.

Have taken over 120 large game animals over the years all over the country....only lost one, (Muletail deer) spent a full day looking for it, found it a year later....had crawled into a stone crevice and died. Responsible hunters should make good clean humane one shot kills or they shouldn't take the shot.

the last day of the hunt this year, my pappy found a nice 10pt that was NAILED righ between the shoulders.

From the blood and the way the deer was laying, it couldn't have went ten damn yards!! Laying there bigger than shit.

Ohhhhhh That's right, it was shot by some ass that didn't have permission to hunt that ground! from the line of where it laid, it could have only been shot from hwy 30!!!

Well JakeW, I agree that it would be nice if everyone had to pass a proficiency test before they could obtain a license. It would be fun just to read the posts it would create on this web site!
I know you do have to pass a proficiency test to participate in Polk County's Urban bow hunts. However proficiency is only 1 of the many reasons deer are crippled, plus a poor marksman who only takes easy shots should still make clean kills. (no I am not defending myself) Buck fever, poor shot choice, faulty equipment and just being iresponsible are also big cripplers. I think the iresponsible people are the ones we need to prevent from getting licenses, except they would probably hunt anyway.

And these are just my opinions
IaCraig

I have heard several stories about nice bucks being hit and not recovered during the first season. I'm wondering how big of a problem this is and what the chances of a deer surviving after it has been hit with a slug? When bowhunting most do everything and then some to recover a wounded animal. It seems to be a different mentality when it comes to guns. If its still running we'll just keep gunning.

If someone isn't proficient with either Bow or Gun they shouldn't be taking the shot....I hear about a lot of "Hail Mary" shooters who hose ammo or pin cushion deer till it hits something....they should stay at home and try a different pastime.

Top Bottom