Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Year in Review Thus Far

duckaholic

Hi fellas,
First off I want to let you know that I don't post very often but I do get online to take a look at whats going on quite a bit. I don't want anyone to think I'm bragging at all, just know you guys/gals would like to see a few pictures of some deer. I'm going to split these up into 2 posts.

This one was taken by my father last week. Dad rattled him in and had him beat up an evergreen tree 11 yards from him stand. The only shot he had was through the hole the buck thrashed out. He took the shot and cought both lungs. He watched the deer run 25 yards and tip over. The photo isn't at all what it should be. I left my digital at home and all we had was a disposable. It really doesn't do this deer justice at all. He scored 167 gross and went 153 net.

dadbowdeer2005.jpg

I am almost 100% positive that this buck was 30 yards from me Sunday morning not giving me a shot what so ever. He came into me at 9:30 alone. He was one pissed off brute. He smacked a tree that was about 9 inches around and just shredded the thing. My friend in the picture shot him about 6 hours later and 1/2 mile away. The buck followed a doe 5 yards from him and he sent the arrow right into the front shoulder. The arrow only made 3 inches on penetration catching 1 lung(obviously). Believe it or not the deer went 30 yards and laid down while he watched it expire about 45 minutes later. This was Tim's second deer in a week. He shot another buck that scored a little less than this one but looks similar just not as tall. It scored 147 gross and takes on 143 net.

DSC00912.jpg

That is an awesome buck that your dad got! I love the character on it! Sounds like Tim is having quite the hunting season also. I'm glad you're starting to post pics on here......

Top Bottom