Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Yeti Boards

I have put two in cameras for Pete. I believe he sold them to his neighbor. I did see anything to complain about but keep in mind I haven't used them beyon the install. The BG2s have been with a few bugs all of which I am sure they'll get worked out. All of my issues there have been with range and triggering. They shipped the first group of boaerds with stand offs that where a little short. That corrected things a bunch but the distance is still sub par. Very useable but sub par. I believe they are looking at the fresnal lens supplied to see if a change there could improve things more. Lets us know what you go with and what your experiences are.

Everything i have heard is the Yeti board is a very good one.

I'm not trying to steal your post Shovelbuck, but just wanted to mention to Ironwood that i too am having range issues with my BG2. After shimming the board to different highths, i cannot get more than 10 yards in daytime and 12 yards at night in 90/80 degree weather. Rather then send it back i have it in the field right now testing. Just have to remember not to have it too far from the trail.

I mention the BG2 because even with the issues I would be inclined to buy it first. I am confident they'll figure out what is going on and get better distance out of the board. iowabucks my distances are just like yours on two of the boards I have spent time working on. I still have three to work on to improve to this level.

One would think that with a year of "testing" the Bg2 that it would of been bug free. They should of never stopped making the BG1.
wall.gif

My next cam will probably use the Yeti.

I have wished for more BG1's more than once. Us everyday trail camera guys don't get all of the advantages this new board offers. Also I believe this board, BG2, will still show its stuff and make us all happy campers. Jay I think you'd be happy with the Yeti if you got one.

Top Bottom