Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cave in Rock switch grass for $4.50 a pound

bwese

If interested contact Pheasants Forever Seed sales in NE or perhaps your state has access to it as well.
The White Clover is $2.84 per lb and the Chicory is $7.72 per lb.

I just bought several pounds of switch and white clover.

Mary Korth
Pheasants Forever, Inc.
Administrative Assistant
PO Box 326
309 N. Clare Street
Greeley, NE 68842

308-428-3062 (work)
308-428-3062 (fax)

If interested contact Pheasants Forever Seed sales in NE or perhaps your state has access to it as well.
The White Clover is $2.84 per lb and the Chicory is $7.72 per lb.

I just bought several pounds of switch and white clover.

Mary Korth
Pheasants Forever, Inc.
Administrative Assistant
PO Box 326
309 N. Clare Street
Greeley, NE 68842

308-428-3062 (work)
308-428-3062 (fax)

My gosh! That's a seriously good price!!

It was cave-in-rock. I think it was somewhere in the 8 something range though. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head.

It's my understanding that CIR is a little over $10.00 through Pheasants Forever. They have another NWSG that goes for $4.54.

What is Alice White going for locally right now?

It's my understanding that CIR is a little over $10.00 through Pheasants Forever. They have another NWSG that goes for $4.54.

What is Alice White going for locally right now?

I think Alice is roughly $4.50 a # at Welter Seed (give or take a few cents)

I think I'd sure give that number a call and check on the CIR because sometimes PF can cut a great deal buying seed in huge quanities... ;)

CIR Storage

Will CIR seed last till next Feb? I plan on mowing/spraying this spring/summer/fall and planting next late winter. Is there a method for storage?
Thanks

Will CIR seed last till next Feb? I plan on mowing/spraying this spring/summer/fall and planting next late winter. Is there a method for storage?
Thanks

You bet! I store it in 5 gallon buckets with a lid on it to keep it dry and it wrks real well to store seed. :)

I was surprised as well when I asked and so I asked Mary again and she repeated the price and said they also have two other varieties but the CIR was 4.50.

Hopefully she was not mistaken as they will be getting a return if that is the case but if you are looking for some seed give her a call.

they were also the cheapest for my cp38 seed mixture I needed to buy for the program.

I was surprised as well when I asked and so I asked Mary again and she repeated the price and said they also have two other varieties but the CIR was 4.50.

Hopefully she was not mistaken as they will be getting a return if that is the case but if you are looking for some seed give her a call.

they were also the cheapest for my cp38 seed mixture I needed to buy for the program.

That's awesome! Native grass seed is easily stored, especially switchgrass seed so I wouldn't be afraid to buy it and store it in a clean dry place for winter seeding next winter.

Thanks for letting us know about this great seed offer! :)

Fyi

I just spoke to Mary of PF in NE. The price is not $4:50 a pound, but $10:95 per pound. So much for my 60 pound order. Is their someone else I need to talk too???

I just spoke to Mary of PF in NE. The price is not $4:50 a pound, but $10:95 per pound. So much for my 60 pound order. Is their someone else I need to talk too???
Thanks for helping to confirm that the price was too good to be true. I've been kicking myself for having ordered through Welter for ~3 times as much. I feel better now ... though it is a let down and I would have bought more(!).

Bummer!! That stinks!! Check around for prices at Osenbaugh's, Welters, Sharp Brothers and check with nannyslayer on this site as he did have some good prices on CIR also.

If you need his contact info send me a PM... ;)

I was told by a PF guy that Osenbaugh's I think they are in Lucas had it for $.99 a pound. They ran the special for a month. Missed out on that one too!

Oh Man

Oh Man...strike two...Osenbaugh's is right by our farm. Planting CIR is on the list, but not at the top. With the $4:50 price it quickly went to the top. Now back to soil adjustments for planting fields and getting a different area ready for a CIR planting next winter. If anyone hears off a deal on CIR please pass it along
Thanks

Well I guess I need to talk to Mary tomorrow as when I talked to her last week she gave me the 4.50 a pound. Sorry, I was not trying to mislead anyone. Here is a paste of the invoice she sent me two days ago.

$368.37 10.4 Acre Mix
$1,282.45 29.7 Acre Mix
$1,650.81 Invoice #1

$357.24 6 Acre Mix
$142.70 3.5 Acre Mix
$499.94 Invoice #2

$217.92 48 lbs Cave in Rock Switchgrass
$217.92 Invoice #3

$56.80 20 lbs White Clover, alice
$56.80 Invoice #4

$2,425.47 Grand Total

Last edited:
My seed order came in today. All was there. I talked with Mary I and asked if I could get another 50 pounds of CIR and she said she had a special discussion with superiors after they found out she had quoted me the wrong price. Since I was getting all the others from them they said they would honor the quoted price. I greatly appreciated that.

Sorry to all who tried to get the cir

Bwese

Top Bottom