Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE. Okays Crossbow Hunting

blake

Life Member
Nebraska Crossbow Hunting Okayed for Big Game

NORFOLK, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission has approved wider use of crossbows for big-game hunting in the state.

Crossbows had been limited during archery season to people with permanent disabilities that prevented them from using bows and arrows. At their meeting Thursday in Norfolk, the commissioners opened up crossbow use during firearm and bow season to all hunters, starting in 2011.

Nebraska big game include deer, antelope, elk, turkey and bighorn sheep. The board also raised or otherwise changed fees for lodging, camping and related visitor services at state parks, recreation areas and historical parks.

Yes, we should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Due to hunting and some health issues, I have not been on here much this fall. :eek:

Nebraska Crossbow Hunting Okayed for Big Game

NORFOLK, Neb. (AP) — The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission has approved wider use of crossbows for big-game hunting in the state.

Crossbows had been limited during archery season to people with permanent disabilities that prevented them from using bows and arrows. At their meeting Thursday in Norfolk, the commissioners opened up crossbow use during firearm and bow season to all hunters, starting in 2011.

Nebraska big game include deer, antelope, elk, turkey and bighorn sheep. The board also raised or otherwise changed fees for lodging, camping and related visitor services at state parks, recreation areas and historical parks.

Thats a win/win for all of us!! Iowa will be sure to follow!! Sooner or later we will be able to use rifles in the archery seasons!! IBA is already on board so .......Welcome , Welcome , Welcome!! It's all about the money!! :moon:

Thats a win/win for all of us!! Iowa will be sure to follow!! Sooner or later we will be able to use rifles in the archery seasons!! IBA is already on board so .......Welcome , Welcome , Welcome!! It's all about the money!! :moon:

So your saying the IBA is going to support such a thing? Guess I need to cancel a membership.

There must be a lot of lawmakers with felonies.That can't own a gun and are to lazy to learn to shoot a conventional bow.

Mr. Crockett, not sure what IBA you are referring to but the only way this law gets passed in Iowa is in the same underhanded manor it got passed in NE. The Iowa Bowhunters Association will not support any broadening of the crossbow regulations above what they are now.

The 'Bonker

Mr. Crockett, not sure what IBA you are referring to but the only way this law gets passed in Iowa is in the same underhanded manor it got passed in NE. The Iowa Bowhunters Association will not support any broadening of the crossbow regulations above what they are now.

The 'Bonker

:D Settle down Bonk!! I just do this cause it gets Randy all ,,,Miffed and such!!!:way: Just like to make sure who's on board!!!

:D Settle down Bonk!! I just do this cause it gets Randy all ,,,Miffed and such!!!:way: Just like to make sure who's on board!!!

Thanks for the clarification, but when the visitors to this site read a post, not matter how it was intended, it can be taken in the wrong light especially when it is crossbows, nonresident hunters or any hot button topic.

Do Randy a favor, his blood pressure is high enough, let’s not make it any higher.

I wish people that shot cross bows would take some time to learn a little bit more about them. They may be easier to shoot at first, but a compound bow is much more effective as far as longer range shots go.

I can see them being legal for kids, seniors, and disabled folks, but as far as the bulk of adult hunters, they really serve little purpose against a compound bow. Here in IA it may not make a huge diff since we don't have any rifle seasons for those hunters to convert over. Most guys I know that muzzy hunt also use the bow. But-maybe the shotgun guys we would need to worry about?

Honestly- I don't know. I'll just stick to my recurve and crawl back into my ground blind.

Crock,that's just wrong. Hitting below the belt,I had to go take 2 BP pills.

I like the way we handle crossbows in Ia. No need for changes.

Crock,that's just wrong. Hitting below the belt,I had to go take 2 BP pills.

I like the way we handle crossbows in Ia. No need for changes.

:D:D You guys do a very good job my friend!! I get a little excited when the issue comes up! (Ya kinda know that!) Just had to mess with ya!! :way:

I see this as an attempt to increase the deer harvest in Nebraska by trying to make things easier. The NE DNR seems to be where the IA DNR was 5-7 years ago, trying desperatly to get people to shoot more deer. They even implemented earn a buck restrictions as a trial in two zones this year.

Top Bottom