Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trout fishing ponds or small lakes

jclaws

PMA Member
For those of you that have trout fished in ponds and small lakes,what setup have worked for you.I have trout fished in NE Iowa in the creeks and i had my best luck with nightcrawlers.

I am a flyfisherman so in that situation I have had the best luck with wooly buggers and bead head nympth's.

If you are using a spinning reel and small rod I would use small jigs or-and spinners like a manther partin or rooster tail.

Its tough to beat a properly worked color matched jig. Good luck.

I had used panther martins in the past in streams so i had my wife pick up a couple yesterday.I only caught one rainbow yesterday,but as soon as the rain quits this morning im heading back out to catch a brook trout.I have never caught one before so my kitchen remodel is now on hold until i do,or until this afternoon whichever comes first.I will look to see if the baitshop has some manther partins as well!LOL

Small spinners, beetle spins, road runners, and anything similar. Also, small countdown Rapalas work well too.

Super dupers in gold/red or silver/red, wooly buger(black fly with gold) and if all else fails for a sure thing, some power bait in pink with a tiny treble and small sinker.

Top Bottom