Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morels

People are just now starting to find em in missouri.. i may check a spot tomorrow where we usually find our first greys

Soil temps are are quite a bit cooler right now at this time than they were this time last year, so that may delay things a bit. Our normal sweet zone is right around April 26th on our place, I just hope to find some!

Grey%2BMorels%2B008.jpg

im thinking another 2 weeks or so in DSM area----- If I am wrong- someone let me know so I can get out there!

Even with warm weather last year, it wasn't until the middle of April in Central Iowa that they started to take off. With the lack of warmth this year so far, I think beginning of fourth Turkey season might be prime.

yea, morels on google are usually the easiest ones to find. :D

Very funny! You got me!

Seriously though, I usually don't start looking for them until the last few days of April...that's when I have my best luck. Actually, I find more big yellow ones in May during muggy weather after some timely rains.

What does everyone think, will this weekend be the one? Highs in the 60s Thursday and Friday. 70s starting over the weekend and into next week. I hope so, those things are tasty.

I think the greys will definitely be popping this weekend with the weather depending on your location, another week or so for the big yellows...but I'm no expert!

Top Bottom