Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shopping

kelcher

I am shopping for a new cam and I think I like the Covert MP-6 black. Do you have any reasons why this would not be a good choice?

I run 2 of these cams and know others that have it also. Only downside is some night pics are blurry on moving animals. Other than that it takes great pics.

I run these in the camo version. Bought them in july and still on same set of batteries. got them at wing supply for under $100. no complaints so far.

I have a covert black 60. Love it for video (with sound)

I also have a couple mp6 red flash. If I had to choose between the two I would go with another mp6 as I am more of a picture guy then videos. The black 60 takes pick but can be blurry.

Not sure if its a black flash issue? Im also probably going to try a red 40, from the pics I see off those, they got the mp6 beat which is already real good on pic quality...

Hope this helps.

Wasn't planning on the Black 60.

What is the picture quality difference between the MP6 and the MP6 Black? I guess I was hoping that the MP6 Black would be less noticeable by deer than the MP6, but I am not sure if there is a picture quality difference. Anyone have one of each?

I have 4 MP6's. Great day time pics but I'm not too impressed with the flash range at night. I don't think it's quite as good as they advertise.

Great cams. The sensitivity can be pretty touchy so you might wanna put on low if there's anything that could false trigger them. Very good cam, has a few minor negatives but a whole lot better than something like a cuddeback, etc in my opinion. Blows a cam like that away for a variety of reasons.

I have a new Covert black that sends pics to your phone. So far I am not impressed with the quality of the pictures. My Bushnells take much better pictures than the Covert does and this is Coverts top of the line camera. I have pictures of bucks from my Missouri hunt that all I can make out is the main beams, I can't even see the tines and this was a slow moving deer. I know he was moving slow because I could see him from my treestand.
I have not bothered to get a SIMM card yet because the quality is so poor. I currently have the Covert a Primos 46 Ultra and a Bushnell strapped to a tree behind my house to test them with some corn to attract some deer. I will check them in a few days and try to post some pics.

I'm in the market for some new cams as well, particularly the black flash. Anybody have any opinions on the Covert vs. Moultrie M-990i or Primos black flashes?

I'm in the market for some new cams as well, particularly the black flash. Anybody have any opinions on the Covert vs. Moultrie M-990i or Primos black flashes?

I bought the moultrie D55XT I think last winter. It takes fine pictures when you can get it to trigger. That's the big hangup. I've watched multiple deer in front of the camera and then nothing on it. It's best suited for scrapes and not for large areas. I also get a bunch if blanks from the over 1 second trigger speed.

I have the MP-E5 and it takes good pics but the recovery time is terrible i get quite a few empty pics and on pics with multiple deer i dont always get all the deer in pics...I was looking at getting the MP6 as well because the recovery time is at about 5 seconds...and there is a website that has them for 100 bones

Top Bottom