Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold weather boots?

jclaws

PMA Member
Just wondering what some of your thought are on a COLD weather boot for tree stand hunting?

I bought a new pair of Muck Boots last night rated to - 40 degrees they are no better than what I have them suckers are going back to the store. Thanks for starting this thread cause I am wondering the same thing. We need your help lol

The Army mickey mouse boots are insanely warm. The black ones which I have are good down to -20, the white ones are good down to -65. They are not that expensive either.

They are a little heavier than your normal hunting boot but you will not get cold and that is worth a little sacrifice.

The Army mickey mouse boots are insanely warm. The black ones which I have are good down to -20, the white ones are good down to -65. They are not that expensive either.

They are a little heavier than your normal hunting boot but you will not get cold and that is worth a little sacrifice.

My dad had a pair of those that he was issued for the couple of days he spent in Alaska while either going to or returning from Vietnam. I still don't know what happened to them, but I'd give anything to have them. One of the best, warmest boots ever! An outdoors store has them here for relatively cheap. I've fought the urge to get a pair. Like Liv said, worth the sacrifice!

I would like to note on the mickey boots the sizing is a little strange. Most hunting boots I wear a 14 Wide. On the mickey boots I wear a 12R. They are definitely awesome though. Wear a nice sock liner and wool sock and never worry about cold feet again.

Just bought the danger high country 1000gram and although I do like them I still go to the boot blankets to keep my feet warm. My mucks are terrible in this weather as well, sure if you r moving they may be rated for that low of temps but for sitting they get cold way faster than the danners.

Also liked that you could get the danners in EE width. They do feel a bit too wide for my foot but that extra movement I have within the boot is key for me to stay warm longer. I have pronhorns too but just in D and they r tight fitting, great to trek with but not so much in the stand.

I have a TERRIBLE time keeping my feet warm (I mean really bad).
A couple years ago I bought a pair of Cabela's Inferno Pac boots and they are the best thing I've ever owned for cold weather. I bought them becuase I was going on a late muzzy hunt and the air temps were somewhere around -20. I wore a pair of silk liner socks, then a pair of heavy wool socks and my feet never even thought about getting cold, which is an absolute miracle.
They're big, but not so much so that you can't walk or climb a tree comfortably.

I just looked on their website & they're still available & even on sale.
Just make sure to get them at least a size bigger than you normally wear to allow for sock layers, and a little bit of room for circulation & air- that's really important.

^^ I had cabelas pack boots about 5 years ago. I have somewhat longer walks to my stands and my feet would get too warm/sweat on the way there and would freeze on stand. This is the only reason I go for mid-weight insulation (800-1000gram) and not the Mickey Mouse boots or pack boots anymore because I can always carry a boot blanket in my pack but really don't want to be changing boots on stand. Just me I guess.

I really like my "Ice Mans" Made by LaCroose. I am not sure if they are still made, feet never get cold. I have had them for close to 20 years. The only problem is the are heavy and bulky. Otherwise, great warm boots.

If you have lace up boots, keep in mind that tight boots, reduce circulation and can contribute to cold feet. I usually loosen up my boots when I get up in the tree if it's going to be cold. Merino wool socks make a huge difference as well. I prefer smartwool socks.

I really like my "Ice Mans" Made by LaCroose. I am not sure if they are still made, feet never get cold. I have had them for close to 20 years. The only problem is the are heavy and bulky. Otherwise, great warm boots.

Ditto. I have had a pair of Ice Mans for at least 20 years now and my feet have never gotten cold in them.

If you can wait until after the season when they go on sale. I picked up a pair of Cabelas 1200 gram for $50. My toes got cold yesterday. I picked up a couple toe warmer packs from Menards and I'm in heaven today!

If you have lace up boots, keep in mind that tight boots, reduce circulation and can contribute to cold feet. I usually loosen up my boots when I get up in the tree if it's going to be cold. Merino wool socks make a huge difference as well. I prefer smartwool socks.

Very true. You want them loser than normal boots. My feet still get cold if I have insulated boots on and put blankets on. My feet sweat a lot though. I am now changing into Mickey Mouse boots when I get to the blind or close to the stand, and fresh socks if necessary.

If anyone is interested in Cabela's Pac boots PM me. I will get back to you with the size. They are in the truck and it is to cold to go look.

Ive never tried it but ive heard of people taking their boots off at the stand and putting their feet in boot blankets with a body warmer. they say it works great.

I got the arctic shield boot warmers and thank the lord! First use I put them on in the stand with snow on my boots and bad deal...kept my feet cold. Put on out of the truck on the walk in the second time and perfect warm toes. Pretty loud for walking in snow with though...

Sent from my XT1030 using IW

Top Bottom