Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

10-4-2015 Iowa Bow Buck

Well, they say that truth is stranger than fiction...and stories like this one are why they say it! :D Congrats again on a super buck...and a wild story to go with it! I think about the only thing missing was an alien sighting! :D BUT...something nearly as improbable apparently did come out of it...Bonker has professed an admiration of the value of cats. :D:D :D

Regarding your broad heads...I also shoot Muzzy 125's and have good success with them. Are your blades razor sharp? No matter the head, if you shoot your broad heads into the dirt or a target or a hay bale, etc, then you are going to have trouble like what it sounds like you had. If, on the other hand, those blades were sharp...then I have no explanation other than you were shooting at Ol' Ironsides...because what you described should have knocked him way sooner.

Enjoy your deer and get your legs back well soon!

Congrats. That is one heck of a story.

....next time....
enhanced-buzz-2471-1319662814-42.jpg

Just messin'

I find that cat philosophy hilarious. You might be on to something!
congrats again. Thanks for the laugh

That's it. I'm going to start collecting all the hair my wife's cat sheds and putting it in my totes.

Great buck. Great story.

Why not the whole cat? If this theory is true, I'm missing out on a golden opportunity every time my wife vacuums! Cat hair wouldn't be so bad, but if it had to be cat pee...don't think so!

Btw, congrats on a great deer TH, and loved the story behind it.

On a side note, I have used Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain heads and got pass thru shots on 3 bucks. Have also not got pass thru on a couple does with them.

Good work!!! Heal up and run that buck down next time. Thanks for sharing your story. Cat hair huh??? I can do everything under the sun and still get smelled by deer. I've been hunting for over 30 years and still don't have it figured out. Cat hair....hmmm

Top Bottom