Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tag Issue question

flugge

I have a friend that said his Dad got 2 any sex landowner tags... He sent me photos, and sure enough, they are both any sex... Should that be a red flag, should they be calling someone?

Page 27 of the Iowa regs. this is the way to find out what is and is not legal.

How many LOT licenses are available for each farm unit? The landowner family may receive up to four [4] Landowner-Tenant licenses: one General deer, one $2 Antlerlessonly and up to two [2] $13 Antlerless-only. The number of Antlerless-only licenses is subject to some restrictions that are explained in the previous paragraph. These licenses may be divided among the landowner family (landowner and eligible family members) in any way the family chooses as long as the total number of licenses available to the family is not exceeded and other eligibility requirements are met. Each individual must be registered to the same land parcel. If there is no tenant, the maximum number of licenses available to the landowner family unit is four [4].

Thanks guys, thats what I thought...they have a call into the local CO to try to get it figured out..He has not called them back yet, and they are getting nervous with gun season rolling up (one of the tags was shotgun, one was bow by the way) They never filled the bow tag, and still have the gun

If one is a landowner tag......

I had a CO tell me once that if a tag is issued, even with the wrong season dates, it is their mistake and it is a valid license. Not sure how far I'd want to push it though.

Edit: I just read that one is bow and one gun, seems normal.

If one is a landowner tag......

I had a CO tell me once that if a tag is issued, even with the wrong season dates, it is their mistake and it is a valid license. Not sure how far I'd want to push it though.

Edit: I just read that one is bow and one gun, seems normal.

As far as we've ever been informed, no matter the seasons a person can only obtain one any sex landowner/tenant tag

Update on it- The DNR called and verified that it indeed is wrong, however since it printed, they COULD use them both AND still buy 2 regular tags. So they potentially could have killed 4 bucks because of the screw up. They however elected to turn in the gun tag, since they didnt feel right about using it during gun season, and kept the bow landowner any sex tag. Clear as mud right :)

Top Bottom