Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Browser

Outdoor Fanatics

PMA Member
Many of you may have seen my first post about this buck, but now he's hard horned. The last pictures I got of this buck would of been around July 15, then he disappeared. On September 4th while out scouting I spotted him in a place that made total sense for a big buck to be. So the first thing I did was find the perfect tree and hung a stand. I was waiting to hang a camera until a scrape popped up, but what I found instead was a licking/rub branch (soon to be scrape). You'll see that branch hanging down in the top right corner of the pictures.

After seeing him in person and getting pictures, I can't figure out what he might score. When I saw him in person the first thing I said to myself was pictures don't do this buck justice. Which threw me for a loop on how big he actually is. My question is, how big do you think he is?

If u cover his brows up he looks like a mid 130s 8. I'd say he has an 'extra' 20 inches of brows so would guess him in the mid 50s.

I'm thinking he's 5.5+ so he would be a deer that gets shot in my book regardless of size. He probably breaks 50 with those brows.

If u cover his brows up he looks like a mid 130s 8. I'd say he has an 'extra' 20 inches of brows so would guess him in the mid 50s.

That seems reasonable to me ^^, I might peg him a few inches bigger than that if anything, but I would be launching an arrow if I had the chance!

I think the other assessments are pretty close and he's definitely a mature deer. He's not super wide, but he has good height, mass and those brows are killer; so 150's easy. Glad you located him again! Shooter for sure in my book.

To make this more interesting for you guys, I found his sheds last year. He has around 151 last year. He's a picture of him last year and this year.

Attachments

• image-4200610767.jpg
    image-4200610767.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 294
Top Bottom