Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cuddelink

bkcrrtnps

Has anyone tried these yet? I took the dive and went all in on the new Cuddelink system and was like a kid at Christmas when they arrived! Then......I find out they won't work without the latest firmware update to 6.1. I find this out on Saturday and I'm heading out on Sunday to put cams out and I was disappointed to say the least. It was about midnight and I thought I would shoot an email to Mark Cuddeback just to make me feel better. Boom at midnight on a Saturday night he emails me back with the firmware update attached and tells me to let him know if I have any other concerns. I was super impressed and my Faith in Cuddeback was once again restored. I tested these cameras at home and was able to get 1/4 mile of distance easy on open ground. I am beyond impressed with the different picture options, etc that this camera offers. I put all of my cameras out and I think the one thing that will disappoint many guys is the distance that can be utilized in the timber isn't what they will want. People need to understand the limitations of this technology and use it accordingly. I am still testing different modes in the field but so far my expectations have been exceeded! I recently (this past weekend) bought some regular IR Cuddebacks and had another firmware issue and I emailed Mark once again and the automatic response came back with out of office until July 3rd but Ill be damned if he didn't email back and the problem was fixed while he was boarding a plane!!

Has anyone tried these yet? I took the dive and went all in on the new Cuddelink system and was like a kid at Christmas when they arrived! Then......I find out they won't work without the latest firmware update to 6.1. I find this out on Saturday and I'm heading out on Sunday to put cams out and I was disappointed to say the least. It was about midnight and I thought I would shoot an email to Mark Cuddeback just to make me feel better. Boom at midnight on a Saturday night he emails me back with the firmware update attached and tells me to let him know if I have any other concerns. I was super impressed and my Faith in Cuddeback was once again restored. I tested these cameras at home and was able to get 1/4 mile of distance easy on open ground. I am beyond impressed with the different picture options, etc that this camera offers. I put all of my cameras out and I think the one thing that will disappoint many guys is the distance that can be utilized in the timber isn't what they will want. People need to understand the limitations of this technology and use it accordingly. I am still testing different modes in the field but so far my expectations have been exceeded! I recently (this past weekend) bought some regular IR Cuddebacks and had another firmware issue and I emailed Mark once again and the automatic response came back with out of office until July 3rd but Ill be damned if he didn't email back and the problem was fixed while he was boarding a plane!!
What problems did you have with the regular IR? I set mine up in the yard for a couple days and did many walk buys day and night so far so good. They're getting hung this weekend.

What problems did you have with the regular IR? I set mine up in the yard for a couple days and did many walk buys day and night so far so good. They're getting hung this weekend.

My problem was with updating the firmware......on both versions.

Spypoint"s had that set up for years - TINY-WBF .

I'm not sure you understand how the Cuddelink system works? I don't see where spypoint is a "mesh" network where all the cameras can link together (or seperately) send the pictures to 1 home camera. You can also get pics from 16 cameras while only having cell service on 1 camera. The Cuddelink will transmit pics in excess of 1/4 mile without linking any of them, with linking the distance is much greater.

Update: I checked my cameras this past weekend and they are working flawlessly. I would recommend these to anyone who wants to be ale to minimize intrusion and have the ease of checking 1 camera to check them all. I will say that I think people that end up disappointed in this product don't have a clear understanding of how it works or it's limitations.....picture quality and battery life are good at this point and I will keep this thread updated as the summer goes...

thanks bkcrrtnps, I greatly appreciate the experience feedback. I am pondering for next year. If they work as advertised the opportunity to check cams without intrusion will be invaluable.
Looking forward to updates.
Good luck and again thanks.

I see you can also add this feature to the multi flash cams? Mine are all E2 models and I am very happy with them.

thanks bkcrrtnps, I greatly appreciate the experience feedback. I am pondering for next year. If they work as advertised the opportunity to check cams without intrusion will be invaluable.
Looking forward to updates.
Good luck and again thanks.

I think battery life is the biggest thing I'm looking at since the past several years of Cuddebacks have been lacking in that area. I'm excited to see how it goes over the next 6 months...

I think battery life is the biggest thing I'm looking at since the past several years of Cuddebacks have been lacking in that area. I'm excited to see how it goes over the next 6 months...
The e2s have great battery life. I easily get 8 months on a set of lithiums.

I don't use lithiums nor have I ever needed to but it's a thought depending on how these cameras work out....
They are night and day to regular batteries. Places like Sam's club or maybe Amazon have the best prices. I was sceptical but happy I switched

They are night and day to regular batteries. Places like Sam's club or maybe Amazon have the best prices. I was sceptical but happy I switched

So the fact I can get by all year on $24 in batteries in one camera compared to what on lithiums? If you change them one you've spent $48 in that same camera....where is the value in that?

I am on my same sets in my cams from last year. All are still saying full batt. Also the cams function better from what I have seen, especially at night. I don't care what you do, just telling you what I have seen. Can buy 24 on Amazon for 35$. So thats 11.66$ a cam spread over 1-2 seasons of use. Or two pair of regular for 6.40$ for one or two pair for 12.80$ plus having to change them and possibly have one go dead

Update: 7/26/17 I am still on the original alkaline batteries and battery life is 98%. This is with over 1000 pics and the camera transmitting to the home unit. This system has been everything I hoped it would be and I have nothing bad to say or anything negative to report....

I also have been running these new CuddeLink cameras for the past 2 months. I have a total of 7 cameras set up in the network and I'm beyond impressed with them so far! My farthest camera is over 1 mile from my home camera and all images get home no problems. I plan to get adding to my network and I'm really looking forward to when they release their cell version for this system. I thought the setup would be difficult but after watching the videos Cuddeback has available on setting these cameras up it was super easy. I'm looking forward to deer season and setting these cameras up in remote locations and not having to disturb the areas when I need to check the cameras. Nothing worst then jumping that big buck you've been after all year when going to check cameras.

Update: 7/26/17 I am still on the original alkaline batteries and battery life is 98%. This is with over 1000 pics and the camera transmitting to the home unit. This system has been everything I hoped it would be and I have nothing bad to say or anything negative to report....
What distances have you been transmitting from so far?

Top Bottom