Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2017 Aerials released- link below- Iowa state

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
https://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/
New aerials released. You need to choose map layers: 2017 summer.
I haven’t looked through site but it looks like they updated some things. In past- I went to bottom left- resized to 1250x1250 for better Res pictures. Upper left- when have picture I wanted - can convert to .jpg or whatever and save it. Very handy.

Also- if u don’t want to spend $ on measuring acres like with Surety & don’t need to run csr’s - go to acme.com/planimeter - simple - pick any amount of points - look at bottom of screen for the acre total. Super handy for seed quantity, fertilizer volume or whatever. If u want fast acre measurements- super simple and free. Fyi.

AndMeasure is a great app. You can look up ariel of what you want to check size or distance. Then go in and put in your way points. I've used it several times to check both size of plots as well as distance from gates, trails and plots from blinds and stands etc..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-03-18-28-17-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-03-18-28-17-1.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 439
There is also a website offered through NRCS that has nationwide map that you can measure distances, fields etc. called "Web Soil Survey" Not as up-to-date imagery but offers some pretty useful tools and has other states than Iowa.

https://ortho.gis.iastate.edu/
New aerials released. You need to choose map layers: 2017 summer.
I haven’t looked through site but it looks like they updated some things. In past- I went to bottom left- resized to 1250x1250 for better Res pictures. Upper left- when have picture I wanted - can convert to .jpg or whatever and save it. Very handy.

Also- if u don’t want to spend $ on measuring acres like with Surety & don’t need to run csr’s - go to acme.com/planimeter - simple - pick any amount of points - look at bottom of screen for the acre total. Super handy for seed quantity, fertilizer volume or whatever. If u want fast acre measurements- super simple and free. Fyi.

You can also measure acres/feet from the iastate map server on the new imagery if you click on the ruler. Just have to change the units on area/distance.

Top Bottom