Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Out of state hunts/plans for 2018?

Boonervilleusa

Curious to see what hunts folks have planned for out of state this year. Myself, I have applied for: Kentucky Elk, Colorado Elk, Colorado Mule Deer, Wyoming Elk, Wyoming Mule Deer, Wyoming Antelope. I honestly only expect to draw the antelope tag. All the elk/deer units are hard to draw trophy units where I am basically just building points, but there is a tiny chance I can still draw. Most likely it will just be antelope in September. Lots of cool critters out there in Wyoming. Last trip out there I shot a mountain of prairie dogs. Lots of badgers, porcupines, jackrabbits, magpies, swift foxes...ohh and a BILLION tiny little cactuses that cover the entire ground like a carpet and get stuck in everything...fun times.

Sadly I am only buying points, doing a possible "bachelor mule deer hunt trip" before my wedding... I am getting married in Jackson Hole, WY in September, and heading out there for the Antler Auction/wedding stuff next month...2 trips/possibly 3 is enough lol

Only out of state this year for me is FISHING. I really like musky & pike. I’m gonna try and force myself to take a lil break every year and go somewhere for them. Last year was Canada & we looking to do again this year. So fun!!!

Only out of state this year for me is FISHING. I really like musky & pike. I’m gonna try and force myself to take a lil break every year and go somewhere for them. Last year was Canada & we looking to do again this year. So fun!!!
That's a bucket list trip for me. I have received several invites to go up to Minnesota and Canada to fish Walleye, perch, Muskie and Pike. My friends that have done it always have a blast...I'm gonna have to take them up on the offer at some point.

That's a bucket list trip for me. I have received several invites to go up to Minnesota and Canada to fish Walleye, perch, Muskie and Pike. My friends that have done it always have a blast...I'm gonna have to take them up on the offer at some point.

Fishing here as well. Annual trip to the Ozarks chasing spoonbill in a few weeks. One of the best cheap 'guy' trips you can do. Check out the old oar house inn in Warsaw MO. Go down on a Wed and come back Saturday so you miss the weekend rush. My big one is 66 pounds but we have a few in the group that have gone over 80. Pretty awesome when you rip into one.

As of right now Nebraska turkey. Potentially Saskatchewan waterfowl hunt this fall to scout it out for bachelor hunt next fall.

Colorado elk (OTC) and maybe a SD pheasant trip some weekend. I started doing a bit of pheasant hunting last fall and took my 4 year old black lab out and he did surprisingly well with very little training so I'd like to get him on some more birds.

Colorado elk (OTC) and maybe a SD pheasant trip some weekend. I started doing a bit of pheasant hunting last fall and took my 4 year old black lab out and he did surprisingly well with very little training so I'd like to get him on some more birds.
My usual Missouri deer hunt in November. Went on my dream hunt in Iowa last year. Have to wait a few years before I can do it again. Will be buying a preference point though.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

i applied in 9 states this year, hopefully pull one tag, have a decent chance to get my second choice colorado mule tag

Would love to go Wyoming Archery Elk, or SD Mule deer. Go in with low expectations and see where experience takes ya.

Passed on an Illinois late season bow hunt but am sitting on 3 points for Iowa. Time will tell whether or not 2018 will be the year?

Top Bottom