Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow strings

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Opinions on bow strings? What is best? I really have no clue. My last string was junk and didn't last very long. Need to get my Heli M redone.

I have a friend (personal bow tech :))
that made my last string and yoke system. He shoots Mathews and talks to them frequently. If interested I can get ahold of him to see if he would fix you up.

If you're shooting a lot a string shouldn't last more than a couple years. That being said, I don't replace strings unless they start to frey, or get knicked. Last strings I put on a bow were Zebra strings I believe? Hopefully Boyd sees this thread and chimes in

I don't go more than 3 years on a set personally. I had a set of Schmidty customs that were really well built. I have always thought zebra were plenty good and Vapor trail makes a good one. My Mathews guys like zebra or vapor trail also. Lits like winners choice and say zebras twist to much but I don't think so. Fwiw I like a slimmer string.

IMO I'd look at some of the smaller companies, they stay in business by building high quality custom sets... Lots of choices out there for custom string builders.. like - 60x, carters archery(crackers), catfish customs, hogwire, ect.. all make great string, that most would consider better than zebra or winners choice, and at a better price!!!
My centergy, with a set of crackers strings on it..
e9f99a6c35d11dabc0a81dcf1f0a0a37.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I prefer the Vapor Trail - it is what I put on my own bows if they need new threads - fantastic quality strings and incredible people to work with.
I have put on tons of off-brand strings that people buy on archery talk or have a buddy make and then carry in to my shop and want installed _ majority of those are horrible
I would avoid Zebra, winners choice or even ABB - quality on those doesnt seem to be nearly as good as it used to be.

I prefer the Vapor Trail - it is what I put on my own bows if they need new threads - fantastic quality strings and incredible people to work with.
I have put on tons of off-brand strings that people buy on archery talk or have a buddy make and then carry in to my shop and want installed _ majority of those are horrible
I would avoid Zebra, winners choice or even ABB - quality on those doesnt seem to be nearly as good as it used to be.

Thank you sir. I appreciate your response. I will go VT.

I have been buying nothing but Catfish Customs the past few years. No peep twist from the time I install them. I currently have over 10K shots on a set (I shoot ALOT) and they still function and look great.

I had a set of Vapor Trails on mine and liked them. They didn't hold up to a broad head slicing them, though lol. I got in a hurry trying to knock an arrow after climbing up with deer moving in. I'm now on my 2nd set with no issues.

Top Bottom