Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2019 Idaho Elk/Deer Hunt

Status
  • Deleted by TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter

Looking to get a group together to hunt Idaho Elk/Deer for 2019. Rifle or Archery, GEN OTC tags. You can harvest a wolf, bear, or mountain lion on your deer/elk tags as well.

I'd prefer to go archery depending on my job, but I would like to make plans to go with a group of people. You need your archery safety completed. You can either complete your archery safety or bring evidence of hunting a different state during an archery season.

I have a wall tent and know the area, we can be successful for both deer and elk depending on hunter pressure but we should be able to get away from other hunters.

What are you thinking for costs for the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$873.25 for tags and hunting license (Elk tag, mule deer/whitetail tag, and you can buy $41.75 wolf and bear tags)

3,000 miles round trip gas will be pretty pricey (You can draw a Moose tag if you really want to)

I have wall tent and everything else. You'll need to BYOB and food.

Sounds like a really awesome deal for anyone wanting to get started hunting the west. Very inexpensive and based on TH’s success, you would have a chance at success that is better than average. If you can’t afford a really pricey guided hunt, this could be a real good intro to hunting “out west”!

TH, I know it doesn't help for this year but I would love to go next year if you do it again. I would go this year but drew my Arizona elk tag. Been to Idaho once elk hunting and would love to go back.

I'm seriously interested, been wanting to bow hunt elk for years but most of my friends either don't hunt or can't spend the $$. I'd be available to drive and have a 16' trailer, ranger, etc

I have been thinking about this for a couple years. I am interested as well. I have never hunted out west.

TH, I know it doesn't help for this year but I would love to go next year if you do it again. I would go this year but drew my Arizona elk tag. Been to Idaho once elk hunting and would love to go back.
Lucky dog! Good luck.

I’m interested will have to go off what I’m doing for work and my Saskatchewan trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id be Interested if I can go with a group of you guys I have no experience with this.

Thanks

Status
  • Deleted by TheMadCatter
Top Bottom