Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR asking for input on license fee increases

Are you in favor of the DNR fee increases?

• Total voters
Happy to pay it also. BUT, I absolutely hate that they have these meetings and then don't listen to the hunters. It's happened with deer seasons and duck seasons.

I’m all for it.
Question: Is this proposal for next year? I haven’t been keeping track very well this summer:oops:

http://www.iowadnr.gov/hunting?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Your chance to provide input. Here is my analysis for me based on the increases.

Hunt/fish combo - increase 8.00
3 any sex tags - increase of 4.50 each for 13.50
1st doe - no change
6 more doe - increase 2 each for 12.00
2 turkey - increase 4 each for 8.00

Total increase of $41.50. I'm happy to pay that to help fund our DNR.
These prices are shockingly low vs any other expenses or recreation items I can even start to think of. I do remember to this day being about 14 & some of my lawn mowing $ to buy about $25 worth of hunting licenses for the year. It was fairly pricey with other hunting stuff too & I had to pay the bill myself but was an expense I wanted to pay. This is nothing vs almost any budget item out there. When our Dnr isn’t funded, it’s time for an increase. Im all for low taxes & small government but we all know Dnr is so starved it’s insane. We need increase!!!

*with this said, it’s my OPINION & government funds/fees is one area I do think it’s important for debate. $ & government don’t traditionally go well together. On other side of debate - I honestly would like to hear from those against this. Honest & respectful premise asking for this and I really wanna hear either reason or a listen to some thoughtful debate on that. What’s u all’s thoughts for not increasing license costs?

When was last increase BTW?
Here’s another way to quantify this discussion....
The rate of inflation over last 10 years (easy to find this info) is around the 1.5-2% mark. So, let’s say $100 in 2008. Would take about $125-ish to be the same today. Most of these increases are about the same as inflation. If they were last raised 10 years ago. I don’t know when last increase was though. This does make it a pretty minor increase if you think about that reality.

Last hunting license increase in 2002, fishing was 2004. Effective for 2019 hunting licenses if it passes.

NR hunting license goes up 19, either sex deer tag goes up 50 and preference point goes up 8.50.

I'm all for it. Hate to spend more money on anything, but it's long overdue and for a great cause.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cannot complain when there has not been a increase in 14-16 years. And as Skip said, Iowa is fairly cheap compared to other states.

I wish the state would go to state park fees, and try to get some money from other people who use the outdoors as well. I am all for the increase, but hunters and fishers are not the only one taking advantage of all the states public lands. IMO

Since I added 3 more hunters to the family this spring hunting got a lot more expensive. I'm for it but grudgingly

Since I added 3 more hunters to the family this spring hunting got a lot more expensive. I'm for it but grudgingly

I personally don't mind paying more, BUT, I too had kids that were starting out as hunters a few years back and the $$'s ran up fast when there are multiple people in the same family heading outdoors. I favor higher license fees for adults, but LOWER fees for kids. Let's get them started as hunters and fishers without bankrupting mom and dad. :)

Last hunting license increase in 2002, fishing was 2004. Effective for 2019 hunting licenses if it passes.

NR hunting license goes up 19, either sex deer tag goes up 50 and preference point goes up 8.50.

I guess I just wish they would hold NR the same, as they are the highest in the nation right now.

Reminds me that I haven't bought my hunting/fishing combo license yet this year. o_O

Ha! It sucks to get old...I did the same thing a few years back...that is, I remembered sometime in the summer that I hadn't bought my new license...AFTER I had already been spring turkey hunting! :) Ooooppps!

Ha! It sucks to get old...I did the same thing a few years back...that is, I remembered sometime in the summer that I hadn't bought my new license...AFTER I had already been spring turkey hunting! :) Ooooppps!
I haven't fished in Iowa in over a year and last hunting was late muzzy...... :mad:

My three year combo expired in January. I will license up in time for bow season this fall!

Top Bottom