Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lasik

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
I'm scheduled for Lasik Oct. 20th. I'm excited. Anyone had this done before, what are your results? It seems I see mostly good reviews and most people seem very happy with it. I'll be going to the one in West Des Moines.

Had it done like 7 yrs ago crazy how quick it was. The next morning went to the doctor vision was 15-20 took couple drops in the eyes jumped in the truck n went a shed hunting trip

I'm 9 years post-Lasik. My vision is still 20/15. It's pretty amazing. 12 minute procedure and I went from 20/300 to 20/20. I've recommended it to friends/family and they're 20/20 or better.

Mine was 5 years ago or so. Few weird things. Eyes water when I cut onions now, never did with contacts. Dawn I can't see shit hardly....too much glare...contacts I never had that issue. Idk. Had contacts since 7th grade...no real idea what normal vision is

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did it 3 years ago in Des Moines. Had terrible timing.... End of October. From the time I exited my car in parking lot to getting back in was 30 min. Insane! First night was horrible.... I described it as sand and acid dumped in eyes. After that, no problem. The next afternoon I was hunting. ;) I had contacts before. Only regret is not doing it sooner!

I haven't had it but watched as Julie underwent the procedure. It was a huge success for her.

Had it done around 8-10 years ago at Wolfe.
Was a great success.
2 negative things for me.. I am a little more sensitive to light now. I wear sunglasses everywhere now. I didnt' before.
I do have a bit of halo at night.

Would I do it again?
absolutely.

I had mine done at West Des Moines about 3 years ago. I did PRK as opposed to regular lasik. I’m still 15/20. I did mine when I was 35, wish I would have done it years sooner.

They told me I’d be down and sitting in the dark for one day. I couldn’t do a thing for three days due to light sensitivity and crying like a baby around even the kitchen lights.

A week or so later I was back to 100% and no more glasses!!! Love it!!

If you don’t have sun glasses, get some.

I had it done three years ago here in Flagstaff after 5 years of my eye doc hounding me at every visit. Best thing I ever did! Like others, I went from 20/200 to 20/15. They told me there was a chance that it would feel like someone dumped gasoline in my eyes and as my wife was driving me home, HOLY BALLS!!! That gasoline-in-the-eyes feeling hit hard. My poor kids had to help me get out of the car, walk up the stairs, and get me to my bed. I laid there all night with the lights off. Went for my follow up the next day and was 20/20. Other than that gasoline-in-the-eyes feeling, the hardest part was reaching for my glasses to walk to put my contacts in every morning for a month straight. The other hard part was finally throwing away my contacts. I knew I could never use them again, but it was hard after 20+ years to toss everything. Also, like Arm, I'm now sensitive to cutting onions, which I never was with contacts. Definitely no regrets, though.

What kind of prices lately does it cost?
I hear discounts on the radio all the time, but I wanted most reputable. I wanna say around 3,000- 3,500 @ Wolfe in WD. Saved HSA pre tax dollars so helpful there. Think I hear $750 on radio @ Lasik plus type places but I'm skeptical....

Last edited:
I had it done about about 12 years ago. I researched it for several years and ended up using the same Dr. that Tiger Woods used. I new Tigers people had done some extreme vetting on that doctor. I went from 20/200 to 20/15.

I could read prior with no issues and he told me I would probably need reading glasses at some point. He was right. I take cheaters everywhere to read anything small now.

He also told me that at some point I might need to do it again. I am good now for distances but need reading glasses.

My best advice is don't ever go the cheapest route when it comes to your eyes. I would do Lasik again in a second!

Sounds good guys, all you guys that have had it seem like you like your reviews and even the side effects people say they would still do it again. Thanks for your input. I'm looking forward to it, minus the burning feeling for the first few hours, sounds like some have had some bad experiences with that.

As far as what my vision is right now, I don't really know. My contacts say. -7.00 on them. I just know without them starting about 5 inches in front of my eyes I cant read a thing.

What kind of prices lately does it cost?

In my visit to see if I qualify for the lasik etc they said the price varies by what laser they use. The worse your vision the stronger the laser and the more expensive it is. Mine will end up being $3800 total and that is with insurance covering $800, so it would have been $4600. Seems expensive, but I figure in about 8 years I will have made my money back in savings on contacts/eye exams, plus hopefully don't have to deal with all that goes with that stuff again. In the long run it should save you money.

I had it done 10 years ago, like others have said, wish I had done it years ago was my thought after having it done. Still have 20/20 vision but may need cheaters soon, Woke up the morning after surgery with perfect vision, it was amazing. I would however be hesitant on going the cheap route......your eyes are important, spend the extra money for a quality surgeon..

I like hearing the good personal reports. My right, aiming, eye is going slowly bad with age and an astigmatism. As soon as we can get enough HSA $$$ saved up, I plan on having Lasik done in that one eye. I can't keep glasses clean or from fogging up outside.

Top Bottom