Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun safes

deerhunter93

It's time to invest in a gun safe. Half of my guns are still at my parents, half are scattered around my place. I think I have 6 long guns and most have scopes but I'm sure I'll add to that number over time. My wife said to get one that I wont have to upgrade in a few years so she is on board to get a decent one.

Any brands/types/ect you'd recommend or to stay away from? Electronic key pad or manual? I know the number of guns that a safe says it can hold can basically be cut in half with how many it can actually hold.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Liberty safes. Bought a 64 with the electronic keypad & filled it up, planning on buying another smaller Liberty for an ammo safe here around Christmas time. Also keep in mind just because the safe may be advertised as a 32 gun, 48gun, 64gun etc etc, you will never in a million years get that many guns in there no matter how hard you try. So go ahead and plan to buy several sizes bigger than you think you need.

Zanotti Armor in Waterloo is the way to go. Modular safes that can be disassembled for easy moving. Made in Waterloo! Located next to the JohnDeere Foundry.

Zanottiarmor.com

I have to put in a pitch for our local brand and my personal favorite - Pella Security
Family owned and run operation made right here in Pella, Iowa
They have a really nice showroom attached to the factory where you can preview all the available sizes and interior options to pick out the perfect safe for your needs.
http://www.pellasecurity.com

I have to put in a pitch for our local brand and my personal favorite - Pella Security
Family owned and run operation made right here in Pella, Iowa
They have a really nice showroom attached to the factory where you can preview all the available sizes and interior options to pick out the perfect safe for your needs.
http://www.pellasecurity.com[/QU

Heading there this week to order a new one outgrew the old.

As mentioned, scoped guns eat up space in a safe, appears you already know to buy more capacity than you think you will need (you will need it over time).

Will they deliver? Deliver to the house or deliver to the room? I rented piano moving dolleys to get a safe from the attached garage into the house, as the store I bought it from delivered to the "house".

Would probably go keypad on my next safe as I'm tired of spinning the dial.

Just make sure it is big enough to clear out the space in your Dad's safe

This for sure. I filled up a64 gun safe really fast when my dad died.

I like battery keypad, I can remove the battery insert so kids cant mess around with it. I think I have a Liberty safe, it works for me.

Will they deliver? Deliver to the house or deliver to the room? I rented piano moving dolleys to get a safe from the attached garage into the house, as the store I bought it from delivered to the house

Huge detail there, most places will only deliver to your garage and then you have to get it into place. When my dad died I got his 64 gun safe and when I sent a dozen text messages all my buddies mysteriously couldn't help move it! I rented two guys that were "weak of mind and strong of back" to deliver the safe to my basement, was money WELL SPENT!

It's time to invest in a gun safe. Half of my guns are still at my parents, half are scattered around my place. I think I have 6 long guns and most have scopes but I'm sure I'll add to that number over time. My wife said to get one that I wont have to upgrade in a few years so she is on board to get a decent one.

Any brands/types/ect you'd recommend or to stay away from? Electronic key pad or manual? I know the number of guns that a safe says it can hold can basically be cut in half with how many it can actually hold.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Question is your dad strong enough to help put it in place!!!!!!o_O

If money isnt an option and you will most likely move again in your life I also recommend a Zanotti. For me money was an option and I went with a Liberty. Works well enough for me

I researched safes pretty hard about a year ago. Pella Security is by far superior in my opinion but was out of my price range. If cost is no issue hands down I'd go with them. Like most things in life go big. No matter what size you get you'll wish you went bigger. They fill up fast.

Top Bottom