Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Season Muzz

Sod Savage

Is anyone planning on doing something a little different if it doesn't get cold and snowy over the next couple weeks? I am afraid the big boys will stay nocturnal or not even come to the food plots I grew for them this summer.

I am thinking some 2 or three man still hunts might be the way to try and bump a buck to one another if this weather pattern holds. Doing drives doesn't get my water boiling since I just got done with that during gun season.

Still hunt; one step, look... one step, look...

Buddy of mine just shot a nice buck. Then the whole hillside exploded! 20-30 does were bedded down and the boss was walking around checking on the girlfriends. When he pulled the trigger they all jumped up! If they’re not moving, you move. Slowly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With most timbers getting pressure from shotgun season, combined with the mild weather, deer might be found out in fence lines and waterways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen several the past few days laying in the wide open sections not anywhere near timbers. Hope the weather changes.

Don’t rule out green.... alfalfa, rye mixes, etc.

down around me the soybean harvest was rough too... lot of shattered beans with late harvest. So lot of beans on ground. And same with corn from wind damage.

Gonna be more spread out but we still got few weeks & likely some cold in there. Good luck!

I only have timber to hunt that is a transition zone with a little bedding, which could be ok, but there are a ton of standing beans still in my area. Guessing they will be out feeding. I do plan to sit and enjoy being out. Good luck.

Sat from 3:15 to dark last night with my daughter. Fun hunt - saw approx. 30 deer between 4:20 and dark. They were feeding in clover, rye and a ripped corn field. No mature bucks but for the conditions, I was pleasantly surprised. My daughter chose to pass a doe at 26 steps.

This one showed up yesterday. One of the warmest late ML hunts I ever hunted in. Keep in mind, everything you do can have an effect on patterns for the rest of the season. Changing things up could get you something you want, or it could affect the normal movement we plan on.

full

This one showed up yesterday. One of the warmest late ML hunts I ever hunted in. Keep in mind, everything you do can have an effect on patterns for the rest of the season. Changing things up could get you something you want, or it could affect the normal movement we plan on.

full

Wow nice one! Plan is for now to stay off food plots till the time is right. However, there is no way I am going to be able to wait. I will go after them in some form, but I won't bugger up the bedding and food areas until the time is right.

Saw 60 ish last night. Most pounding green and then on to corn after dark.

It never ceases to amaze me how many deer pile into a farm that has zero shotgun pressure.

Last edited:

full

goooooood gracious alive that is a dandy!!!!

Great buck 150. That ought to motivate those hunting late muzzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom