Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Land owner tags

Looks like a good clarification. No real change, unless someone thought they were OK to use a gun during bow season on their landowner tag.

Is this just for resident land owners or both resident and non-resident? Just curious as it doesn't state who is eligible in the wording. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Also, not trying to start up that debate just wondering if that should be clarified.

It almost looks like to me if you own land and are a tenant, you could get two "landowner tags". Maybe I need to re-read it, or someone could clarify.

It almost looks like to me if you own land and are a tenant, you could get two "landowner tags". Maybe I need to re-read it, or someone could clarify.

2 landowner tags meaning 1 deer and 1 turkey. I see nothing here that allows more than 1 landowner tag per species.

The way it reads to me is that a landowner gets a tag, AND a tenant gets a tag. Therefore if you are both, it seems like it to me you can get both. I don't see where you are only eligible for one.

I am probably wrong, but that's what it looks like.

For me this would be great, I'd absolutely love it. On the surface, it seems harmless. The only added pressure is on my own land so it shouldn't effect others.

My question is why? I don't own the deer, why should I get another concession over non land owners? What about the guy who hunts the neighboring property on permission ? We could very well be after the same buck, why should I have such an advantage over him? Pretty soon that guy is gonna start complaining , now what's the next step, floating tags for everyone?

Either way, it's not going to be a negative for me I guess. If it passes, I'll probably try early muzzleloader for the first time.

I dont believe when you register, you can register as both Landowner AND tenant (my experience anyway)...although I know of some gray areas people are exploiting heavily in the system now..

I don't want to highjack the thread but I've got a question about the current way it's setup. My wife and I just bought an 80 acre farm. I am registered as the landowner on the first parcel #. Can she register as a landowner on the second parcel and also get a landowner anysex tag? Property is listed in both of our names.

I dont believe when you register, you can register as both Landowner AND tenant (my experience anyway)...although I know of some gray areas people are exploiting heavily in the system now..
You can own/rent multiple farms, multiple counties. You only register one of them for LOTs, but you can use your LOT not just the registered farm, you can use it on all of your farms.

You get one LOT. It is good on farms you own, or are a tenant.

You cannot be a tenant of a farm that you own (how would that be possible?). You can be one for a family member (your spouse).

I don't want to highjack the thread but I've got a question about the current way it's setup. My wife and I just bought an 80 acre farm. I am registered as the landowner on the first parcel #. Can she register as a landowner on the second parcel and also get a landowner anysex tag? Property is listed in both of our names.
No.

Top Bottom