Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Texas Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Symposium 2018 posted January 2019 VIDEO SET 18 CLIPS

flounder9

Texas Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Symposium 2018 posted January 2019 VIDEO SET 18 CLIPS

See Wisconsin update...terrible news, right after Texas updated map around 5 minute mark...

update on Wisconsin from Tammy Ryan...

SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2019

https://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2019/01/texas-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse.html

Terry S. Singeltary Sr.

Thank you for sharing this , pretty scary stuff , I don't think most people realize the devastation this is gonna be on our wonderful animals

The first video he put forth Norway's total elimination of animals as a good way to go. He also gave hope of a vaccine some day? Yea Texas is a huge artificial feed way of hunting. If that is bad for spread they are in for a lot of spread. One thing I have yet to hear ever addressed. Where the heck did CWD come from? Why has is exploded only recently? Never hear this discussed. Never.

Also I thought interesting the transmitting of
CWD into crops. WOW what would that be like? Other countries refusing to take corn and soy beans from CWD areas of the US ! What would that do to Iowa? Could happen...

Has anyone ever found a dead deer from cwd ? Dont believe so ! We spend millions and millions trying to save the deer . then millions trying to "thin the herd ". When theres to many!! Just a money making racket !!! Wi has spent over 70 million on cwd !! And what has changed over the last 15 yrs ??? NOTHING !!!!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever found a dead deer from cwd ? Dont believe so ! We spend millions and millions trying to save the deer . then millions trying to "thin the herd ". When theres to many!! Just a money making racket !!! Wi has spent over 70 million on cwd !! And what has changed over the last 15 yrs ??? NOTHING !!!!

In Iowa, because of our low prevalence, we will likely not find a deer in the wild that has died of CWD. The coyotes, eagles, possums, maggots, cars and hunters find them first.

You are correct, nothing has changed in Wisconsin, it is still spreading and the prevalence is getting higher. Nearly 50% in bucks and 35% in does. That is in Iowa County the hardest hit county in Wisconsin. Imagine how much worse it would be if they hadn't done anything. Even the aborted attempts at slowing the spread may have helped some.

The Iowa DNR would much rather spend their limited funds on anything except CWD but they are responsible for managing this disease in the public trust. They can make suggestions on what we should do as hunters and it is up to us to follow their suggestions or not.

Wyoming CWD Dr. Mary Wood

''first step is admitting you have a problem''

''Wyoming was behind the curve''

wyoming has a problem...

I believe cwd was first discoverd back in the late 60s in Wyoming or montana . its been around for 50 yrs its in prions in the ground . dont think your ever going to change that . if your interested go on you tube and listen to joe rogan podcasts on cwd. Has very interesting info on it

I urge everyone to go to you tube search cwd deer. There is a podcast with joe rogan and ted nugent a 9min segment watch it then give me your thoughts ! Thanks

If one deer CWD infected deer traveled 15 mile=
I urge everyone to go to you tube search cwd deer. There is a podcast with joe rogan and ted nugent a 9min segment watch it then give me your thoughts ! Thanks

Joe Rogan #1154 did one with a couple scientists a few weeks later after the Ted Nugent one that was much better.

Yes i watched that one also. Like 2 hrs long. Im not saying we should ignore it but i live in wi and lived with it and just feel the 70 million could have been better spent in this state ! They could do much better through better management and a better structured deer heard vs a kill them all mentality.

Yes i watched that one also. Like 2 hrs long. Im not saying we should ignore it but i live in wi and lived with it and just feel the 70 million could have been better spent in this state ! They could do much better through better management and a better structured deer heard vs a kill them all mentality.

Totally agree. Much better spending that money on Research, not killing deer. One CWD deer travels 15 miles and all those efforts to eradicate the herd in one county is negated.

Still no info on Where this came from? Why has become epidemic just recently. Started in the 1960s? where did it come from back then??

I think the crops ingesting it is intriguing . What would farmers do if countries refuse crops. Talk about Tariffs!

In Iowa, because of our low prevalence, we will likely not find a deer in the wild that has died of CWD. The coyotes, eagles, possums, maggots, cars and hunters find them first.

You are correct, nothing has changed in Wisconsin, it is still spreading and the prevalence is getting higher. Nearly 50% in bucks and 35% in does. That is in Iowa County the hardest hit county in Wisconsin. Imagine how much worse it would be if they hadn't done anything. Even the aborted attempts at slowing the spread may have helped some.

The Iowa DNR would much rather spend their limited funds on anything except CWD but they are responsible for managing this disease in the public trust. They can make suggestions on what we should do as hunters and it is up to us to follow their suggestions or not.
How many more deer are being tested than was before? Seems to me that If they’re testing a lot more deer than they were before than it’s likely to find it more often. And out of all the deer that have tested positive they still can’t tell anyone how many have actually died from it. Certainly not saying we should sit on our hands and do nothing but wiping out the herds makes zero sense to me, follow the money and you’ll usually find the real problem

Still no info on Where this came from? Why has become epidemic just recently. Started in the 1960s? where did it come from back then??

In my opinion it was likely developed in a lab when doing genetic research on scrapie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the more you look the more you find !! If it takes 10yrs for a deer to die from it ? Just a guess ! Does it matter ? Nobody ever says how long they live with it !!! Must be a long time because even in areas where its prevalent the deer populations do just fine to even over populated ! They still have old deer walking around so is it worth making a huge deal out of ?? Did the state spend 70 million in tax payers dollars on cancer research ???? Something we know kills people !!!

I agree the more you look the more you find !! If it takes 10yrs for a deer to die from it ? Just a guess ! Does it matter ? Nobody ever says how long they live with it !!! Must be a long time because even in areas where its prevalent the deer populations do just fine to even over populated ! They still have old deer walking around so is it worth making a huge deal out of ?? Did the state spend 70 million in tax payers dollars on cancer research ???? Something we know kills people !!!

You’ve made several statements that are inaccurate. It does not take 10 years for a deer to die from CWD or complications due to CWD. The typical timeframe is 6-24 months. It is not always true that the more you look, the more you find CWD. And even in instances where that statement may hold truth, that does not mean that the disease has always been in a given area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom