Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Outdoor Padlock

cybball

I'm looking for a padlock for my farm gate that won't freeze. Something good and reliable. Would be nice if it had a code instead of a key so I can share it.

I'm using one now (I think Master lock) that has a rubber thing that goes over the code. That thing already tore off after 2 months and the code tends to freeze up.

Thanks!

How about a cable bike lock? That's what is being used on one of the farms I hunt. 4 digit code and I've never had it freeze up.

Python cable locks seem to be the best that I have found that don't freeze up as much as standard locks. We use a variety of different standard locks at work and all of them tend to freeze up in this cold weather if they're exposed. Keeping them well lubricated helps, but a small torch in the truck seems to be our solution for most of them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've used ones like above for many many years. Not had an issue. Always careful to leave it locked upright for best water shedding. Nlbag over top is good idea.

Top Bottom