Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer classic pics??? Can u all post em??

I understand wanting to put those on a mount to display. Great idea. And even saying "yes we know it's not correct, but that's the best we could do with the mount we had" still doesn't cover how bad that looked lol. I'm no whitetail expert, but ANYBODY could look at that mount and look at the actual deer after it was harvested the next year and see that it was obviously wrong. Pretty ballsy to take that mount to the classic with the antlers set like that IMO. I hate the fact that these guys are trying to make something bigger than it already is. Those sheds are phenomenal! Don't ruin them by trying to make them more than what they are.

Agree the mount looked terrible.

As far as broken beams and tines, the rules were changed some years back to allow for them to be reattached if it's a perfect fit. Not sure of it's true, but I heard the Brewster 320" from IL this past year also knocked off a good portion of his big antler on his death run.

These IN sheds were scored as sheds. No spread credit, to be clear.

So i noticed the trail cam pics that Jordan posted were from 2015? Are the time stamps correct? and then from what i understand the animal was killed the next year? I just wonder why after 2 years this is the first ive heard of this animal....i find that a little odd....

So i noticed the trail cam pics that Jordan posted were from 2015? Are the time stamps correct? and then from what i understand the animal was killed the next year? I just wonder why after 2 years this is the first ive heard of this animal....i find that a little odd....
It's correct. Sheds were found spring 2016. deer was killed fall 2016. I'd keep it under wraps until after the deer was dead too =)

The kill buck was pretty well known and had been in NAW a year or 2 back. The sheds have recently come to light.

It's correct. Sheds were found spring 2016. deer was killed fall 2016. I'd keep it under wraps until after the deer was dead too =)
Oh i would as well but that would mean the deer has been dead for a couple years and now it comes to light....what was the score of the deer when it was killled?

Trail cam pic from 2016 the year it was killed
b80d171227f64b54653bb99d1b2e08cb.jpg

Buck when killed on left. Sheds on right
57953fb0bb0f522851e044cb84bd414a.jpg

b8d657e51210e5481e231b8d9ef2f299.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh i would as well but that would mean the deer has been dead for a couple years and now it comes to light....what was the score of the deer when it was killled?
grossed just over 200"...net scored 189" It lost a G4 and grew a flyer off of right beam the following year.

There is always one net score that makes me scratch my head in disbelief. 22 inches of deducts?? A prime example of why net scores are so deceiving. !!
85fd77e776218ce7641dc1e193b5dbb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Agree. maybe a common base on the G2/G3 on the left side? Still not sure that would add up.

The buck from Marshall Co. that placed first in the archery non typical field. I'm a little confused on why that buck was at the 515 booth, and being talked up as being taken in the 515 footprint? I'm from Marshall Co. and that's truly an amazing animal, but Marshall Co. is not in the 515 area code. Hop, skip and a jump away, but why try telling people otherwise is where my confusion lies for a scoring guess competition? Especially if the deer was entered in the contest clearly under the 641 area code.

The buck from Marshall Co. that placed first in the archery non typical field. I'm a little confused on why that buck was at the 515 booth, and being talked up as being taken in the 515 footprint? I'm from Marshall Co. and that's truly an amazing animal, but Marshall Co. is not in the 515 area code. Hop, skip and a jump away, but why try telling people otherwise is where my confusion lies for a scoring guess competition? Especially if the deer was entered in the contest clearly under the 641 area code.
That was a heck of a deer. I had read somewhere they thought that deer was only 2 or 3? Looking at the mount it sure didnt look like a "mature" deer....imagine if that deer would have another year or two...not taking anything away from it by any means....

Pretty easy to tell on that shed buck its mounted far too wide , just look at the brow tines. It’s a dead giveaway , they don’t look one bit natural or correct. In this case with all the pictures and real mount right there it should be obvious !

Top Bottom