Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa city deer hunt.

Deer know that Iowa City is a sanctuary city and they feel safe. Put the fear of humans in them by shooting a few and they might not be so at ease. Keep the hunting pressure on them all bow season long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonker, you should write children's books.

I've actually written several, "Dick and Jane Kill Their Pusher Because He Shorted Them On Their Dime Bag" another favorite is "Dick and Jane Share A 40 Of King Cobra And Learn How To Put In A Bag To Keep The Cops From Seeing It" but my all time best seller is "Dick and Jane Do Their Babysitter" the sequel "Dick and Jane Bury Their Babysitter In The Back Yard" didn't sell as well. The reviews said it was too graphic. Oh well.

Such misinformation on the site. "Roaming the woods with crossbows". Every urban hunt I am aware of requires bows to be cased in transport to the stand and shots must be from elevated stands.
Polk/Dallas county has had no safety issues in over 20 years the hunt has been in place and kill 300 to 500 deer each year via bow hunting.
It works!

I wonder what they meant by amateurs from “out of town”. That doesn’t sound very inclusive to me. They welcome everyone unless your here from out of town patrolling hickory hill park.

Such misinformation on the site. "Roaming the woods with crossbows". Every urban hunt I am aware of requires bows to be cased in transport to the stand and shots must be from elevated stands.
Polk/Dallas county has had no safety issues in over 20 years the hunt has been in place and kill 300 to 500 deer each year via bow hunting.
It works!
No such requirement in Muscatine as having bows to be cased in transport walking to the stand.

Deer Hunting Exception. It shall not be deemed a violation of this Subsection to use a bow and arrow to hunt deer on parcels of two (2) acres or more, or to discharge a firearm, other than a centerfire rifle or other offensive weapon as defined by Iowa Code, to hunt deer on parcels of sixty (60) contiguous acres or more, subject to the following conditions: 1. The person is the owner of the property or has permission from the owner to allow for bow or firearm hunting. 2. The person bow hunting must successfully complete a proficiency test as approved by action of the Muscatine City Council. 3. The person has a license or permit required by the State of Iowa to hunt deer with a bow or firearm. 4. The person has a permit issued by the Muscatine City Clerk. 5. The bow hunt shall be authorized by action of the Muscatine City Council prior to October 1 of each year, during the time when such hunting is allowed by the law and regulations of the State of Iowa. 6. Hunting shall not occur within 50 yards of any residence, church, or occupied structure. 7. The bow hunt shall be limited to the sex of the deer allowed by the laws or regulations of the State of Iowa and as allowed by action of the Muscatine City Council. 8. The person hunting must demonstrate compliance with these requirements to any law enforcement officer upon request. 9. Persons wishing to participate in the bow hunting program are required to attend an informational meeting held by the City of Muscatine in advance of the designated season. 10. With the permission of City Council, designated public property may be used during the designated hunting season. 11. Property owners with adjoining lot lines will be permitted to combine properties to reach the minimum two (2) acres required for bow hunting and there will be no zoning restriction on this acreage. However, property owners are not allowed to join property in order to reach the sixty-acre (60) requirement needed to qualify for the firearm hunting exception allowed under this Section. The sixty (60) acres must be contiguous.

Inquire with Blackhawk County Conservation, Polk County, Dallas County representives along with the IBA to see if they’d help educate/advocate the Ia City-city council on the benefits of an urban bow hunt. All of the first three mentioned have been very successful at it and with a little help from the IBA’s lobbyist maybe they’d give it more consideration.

Top Bottom