Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New DNR Director

She’s been a farming and agribusiness lobbyist and that qualifies her to oversee Natural Resources? I have a bad feeling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EH reply was fairly strong in Ag and Ag business ties and wasn’t on the radar for being picked. My guess is Farm Bureau activist.........hope not but time will tell

EH reply was fairly strong in Ag and Ag business ties and wasn’t on the radar for being picked. My guess is Farm Bureau activist.........hope not but time will tell

No doubt in my mind it is Farm Bureau.....they run this state! Reynolds been on their payroll for years

Any appointed position to the top is never good. What is arguably worse is the head of fish and wildlife divisions being appointed like they are now. No longer can they stand ground and say no we’re not doing that. They have to politic and toe the line to a degree or the governor can replace.

Quote.. “Kayla said her first initiative is to double non-resident deer tags, for additional revenue, and will triple tags in Zone 11”

I've found that communication with these officials is effective, even if other parties are lining their pockets. If we dont share our opinions, the lobbyists are the only source of direction for future policies. I dont care how futile you think it may be, but email her and express how precious this resource is and how valuable it is to you, your family, and those that pay to come here for deer. I email officials constantly explaining how significant iowa is in the whitetail world because I don't know if anyone else is doing this. They need this input to be informed. Plesse email her and please tell everyone you know to do the same. Elected officials are required to be people pleasers to keep their jobs, so if the majority of input comes from hunters and conservationists, it will be that much more apparent that our opinion matters. It takes 5 minutes to write an impassioned email how important this resource is, and how expanding tag numbers would make iowa just like every other state. I'm challenging you guys to write in but also have your wife, kids, friends, and parents write in. It works, but only if enough people do so. Finishing a letter to sd as we speak on a new anti hunter rule even though I dont hunt there. Good hunting will not survive long term due to greed but we can postpone it. Protect the resource.
Lou

We can talk about this amongst ourselves and nobody gives a shit. I'm begging you men and women that care about iowa deer hunting to let your voices be heard. It's not difficult at all. Put your opinions to good use. We can all collectively agree with each other here to zero benefit unless we communicate with the other side that may not realize how important this is to our great state. I'm itching to run for her position but who would elect a deer hunter unless we start speaking up

Agree !!! Folks - we need to be PROACTIVE NOW!!! We all know rifles in Iowa are coming. All sorts of “opportunity” bills (such political GARBAGE & bs!!) like rifles, new seasons, crossbows in archery, whatever. Man, I hope hunters across state are ready for endless pressure & fights to simply hold our ground!! Proactively write in & discuss so they know what’s coming & why we are opposed. IBA needs to be on this!!! Hunters across Iowa- the more that can understand these bull crap political pushes (& how all this garbage actually HURTS OPPORTUNITY of every day hunter) & pimping of our fragile resource the better!!!

Please keep posted on what impact or kind of leadership/efforts this new appointment seems to be supporting or involved in. Please leave iowa’s Fragile deer regs alone!!!!!

I've found that communication with these officials is effective, even if other parties are lining their pockets. If we dont share our opinions, the lobbyists are the only source of direction for future policies. I dont care how futile you think it may be, but email her and express how precious this resource is and how valuable it is to you, your family, and those that pay to come here for deer. I email officials constantly explaining how significant iowa is in the whitetail world because I don't know if anyone else is doing this. They need this input to be informed. Plesse email her and please tell everyone you know to do the same. Elected officials are required to be people pleasers to keep their jobs, so if the majority of input comes from hunters and conservationists, it will be that much more apparent that our opinion matters. It takes 5 minutes to write an impassioned email how important this resource is, and how expanding tag numbers would make iowa just like every other state. I'm challenging you guys to write in but also have your wife, kids, friends, and parents write in. It works, but only if enough people do so. Finishing a letter to sd as we speak on a new anti hunter rule even though I dont hunt there. Good hunting will not survive long term due to greed but we can postpone it. Protect the resource.
Lou
I’ve read this post a couple times and what a great idea!!!!
Yes we need to email her and politely tell Deer issues and helping the herd etc. is now her job and not Farm Bureau crap.... and trying to kill every last deer in the state

Agree !!! Folks - we need to be PROACTIVE NOW!!! We all know rifles in Iowa are coming. All sorts of “opportunity” bills (such political GARBAGE & bs!!) like rifles, new seasons, crossbows in archery, whatever. Man, I hope hunters across state are ready for endless pressure & fights to simply hold our ground!! Proactively write in & discuss so they know what’s coming & why we are opposed. IBA needs to be on this!!! Hunters across Iowa- the more that can understand these bull crap political pushes (& how all this garbage actually HURTS OPPORTUNITY of every day hunter) & pimping of our fragile resource the better!!!

Please keep posted on what impact or kind of leadership/efforts this new appointment seems to be supporting or involved in. Please leave iowa’s Fragile deer regs alone!!!!!

This guy is on point.
I’m from NC and have a lot of interest in Your great State.

Please follow his comments!!!!

Quote.. “Kayla said her first initiative is to double non-resident deer tags, for additional revenue, and will triple tags in Zone 11”

Where did you find this? I can't find anything online other than articles announcing her new position.

Top Bottom