Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Real World Wildlife Switchgrass

Rwwp is switch grass there are many sub spiecies of cave in rock they have just tested them all to find the best of the best i guess . any cave in rock switch will work good!! Is it worth the xtra cost per lb to have real world. Seed for maybe couple xtra inches of height ? Up to you ! Guess it would depend on the amount of acres your putting in !!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

I wanted to do a comparison on two different farms cir and real world side by side , but they were out of seed this spring and early summer I went with cir from osenbaugh

I have had very good luck with the rwwp bedding in a bag mix and also have some first year switch coming on now that i from seeded late winter. This is the second growing season for the BIB and its CRAZY good. Thicker and taller than anybother natives ive ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard great things, was really disappointed I couldn't get my hands on some, however both pieces came up very good , I think the nonstop rain helped germination

Go over dbltree switchgrass thread. Above could be fantastic, but I KNOW the Dbltree plantings will be great. Which will usually be cave in rock with some Kanlow. Could likely be what’s in above but I’m not 100% sure. CIR & smaller ration of Kanlow in most situations can’t be beat.

My cave in rock is 6-7 feet tall. I don't see any reason to want it any taller. If it can't hide in there, it's not a deer.

The big thing that RWWP pushes is the standability after heavy snow. Last years stand wasnt mature enough to make an accurate assessment but should be able to have a goot take on it this year

The big thing that RWWP pushes is the standability after heavy snow. Last years stand wasnt mature enough to make an accurate assessment but should be able to have a goot take on it this year

That’s likely the cave in rock component. my guess. Cave in rock & few other switchgrasses are perfect for not falling over. That’s switchgrass vs other natives in general- switch stays up better than any other grass with snow. Can’t go wrong with cave in rock, sunburst, Kanlow & few other types of switch. Minor differences between them but all switch will prefer better quality soil. Kanlow is maybe best adapted to wetter soil & the tallest of all, but it’s a bit spindlier. Dbltree thread has it all!
https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/threads/switchgrass.13575/

That’s likely the cave in rock component. my guess. Cave in rock & few other switchgrasses are perfect for not falling over. That’s switchgrass vs other natives in general- switch stays up better than any other grass with snow. Can’t go wrong with cave in rock, sunburst, Kanlow & few other types of switch. Minor differences between them but all switch will prefer better quality soil. Kanlow is maybe best adapted to wetter soil & the tallest of all, but it’s a bit spindlier. Dbltree thread has it all!
https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/threads/switchgrass.13575/

Holy details. Will be looking into this more

Top Bottom