Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shoulder mount ideas

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Im looking for a form that has a really hard turn to really show off one side.
Ive got a Joe Meder profile pedestal and a couple of these mckenzie mounts like in the pic but just wondering what other options there are.
If anyone has a mount with a hard turn Id love to see a head on view straight from the front of the mount... A lot of forms show pics of them but the pics always taken from a goofy angle not really showing how they look from directly in front
6087eabdbb30b9345f45f9ea3ac89190.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Look up McKenzie taxidermy go on there website they own meder forms and many others. Should find something you like!#

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Look up McKenzie taxidermy go on there website they own meder forms and many others. Should find something you like!#

Ive looked through their forms... But the never post a head on view of what it will actually look like on a wall, the pics are always taken at a side/angled shot which doesnt give you a real idea of the turn/shape of the form
I was hoping someone had some different options hanging in their house they could take a good head on view pic of

A good taxidermist can also alter a form for you . are you thinking looking back over his shoulder ?

A good taxidermist can also alter a form for you . are you thinking looking back over his shoulder ?

I dont have an exact look in mind... Just something similar to the one in my pic with a hard turn that really shows a lot of one side. Id just get one like in the pic but Ive already got 2 of that form... Might end up going that route still who knows, just looking for "visual aids" to help decide.

I like the Mckenzie 6900 for pedestal. Shows a little more shoulder and muscle than the meder form in my opinion. I can text you a head on pic if like. Joe Combs also has some nice forms you might like. I have one of those as well and its not bad.

Some of the newer Coombs forms are awesome. A good taxi can alter the form for a hard turn if need be.

Gotta ask...is this your buck? :) :)

_MPB2253.jpg
Lol nope but it seems like Ive shot a lot of lop sided or strong sided bucks... But I really dont like head on view forms for any buck the only ones that look good from straight on are either really wide or have a bunch of extra inside garbage. Seems like everytime I look at a mount I find myself walking to the side for a profile/side view so might as well just mount it like that to begin with

I believe the above is the McKenzie 6900 series for reference I am getting two done in that pose right now but they will be a wall mount I like the look of these for something different. The full shoulders should look good.

I believe the above is the McKenzie 6900 series for reference I am getting two done in that pose right now but they will be a wall mount I like the look of these for something different. The full shoulders should look good.

Im not sure which one above youre referring to but if you meant the pic I used as a reference in the original post then that is the Mckenzie 8900 I had done last year

I was referring to Bowman’s but I think you are right 8900 not 6900 I believe they are both from the same series but I’m no taxidermist

I was referring to Bowman’s but I think you are right 8900 not 6900 I believe they are both from the same series but I’m no taxidermist

Mine is for sure not a McKenzie, it is the Coombs 9500 form. I looked at the McKenzies but really like this one better.

One of my most special mounts is the Joe Coombs 9500 as well. You might want to consider their hard turn 9700, it’s a really nice front view with the standard wall mount pedestal back. They have left and right turn.

http://www.joecoombs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_70_942&products_id=4180

I’ve used the Joe Coombs wall bracket that allows you to swivel the mount any way you like and even swivel where it sits relative to the wall. Pretty slick deal and may help...

Joe Coombs CH9500 Standard Wall Pedestal Swivel Bracket:

http://www.joecoombs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_67_891&products_id=3840

KAZ

Mine is for sure not a McKenzie, it is the Coombs 9500 form. I looked at the McKenzies but really like this one better.

I have 2 mounts on the 9500 form too, both are pedestals and have been modified but look similar to Bowman’s.

I love this form on a big Midwest whitetail, probably my favorite overall form

Top Bottom