Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sad News - Cat Pictures

TheMadCatter

Figured since he's been such a talking point over the years I'd take a second to talk about Stache. I found Stache outside of our house in an old hallow apple tree during the winter where his mother abandoned him and his five siblings. The only one still alive was Stache even after I tried warming the other kittens up he was the only one to survive. I had this little kitten with its eyes not even open in the house. My Dad didn't like cats ESPECIALLY in the house. I took the time out every day to make sure he was doing okay and hand-fed him a few times a day. He survived through that and I finally convinced my parents to let him stay in the basement and litterbox train him. It didn't take long before he was upstairs every day and following me EVERYWHERE including outside...to my treestand which was a mile away from the house a few times. He'd come and go outside and indoors and whenever I was gone would always check my room to see if I was there and once in a while go into my "trophy room" to see if MAYBE I was in there even though he hated mounts. Whenever I'd come home he'd always cling to me no matter what he was an odd cat. Dad finally warmed up to him and whenever I wasn't home Stache would lay with Dad and sleep on his lap on the recliner. One of his favorite things was when I brought a fresh/new shed home or a turkey. He didn't seem to like the bear hide or a few of the whitetail I brought home but would normally cooperate for pictures.

Back in October, we had to put Stache down due to health complications from his allergies/medication he was taking for them. I was guiding in Colorado at the time and it was between rifle seasons and I was able to meet my Mom halfway in Nebraska at a vet. Stache was definitely happy to see me and never minded long car rides just laying and watching out the window. I was able to hold him until he was completely gone which made me happy that he didn't die with a bunch of strangers.

Hope you enjoy some of these Stache photos :) big87.jpg big89.jpg stache.jpg stache2.jpg stache3.jpg stache4.jpg stache5.jpg stache6.jpg stache7.jpg stache8.jpg

I feel your pain.

For me it was Mushetta. Her pic was on several posts here many years ago. Similar story, she was the runt. She didn't want to go outside once I moved her inside. She was pretty much my cat. One of the hardest things I've ever done was her last drive to the vet. We think she was 18 years old.

mushetta 002.jpg

mushetta 003.jpg

mushetta 004.jpg

cat nap 006.jpg

Silly how we let animals into our hearts.

I wasn’t much of a cat lover until our daughter convinced us to take in this stray that came to her house.
Jasper is a fur ball of fun with a great personality!
Pets are tough to loose.

2d138b16757baff213e3f5b61cfd0a22.jpg

b9fbdf7f73b9220e520eb1e2ab79a597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry for your loss. Cats become very close to the people they love. He passed way to soon. Love all the pics over the years.

Top Bottom