Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

UTV

MN Hunter

My dad is in the market for a side by side. Mainly just general work around he hobby farm. Possibly putting a sprayer in the back. We do have to cross a river to access our farm so something with higher ground clearance would be better. For those that have them, what features do you like and would do different? I’m thinking a roof with a front windshield, whether it’s flip up or not might be nice. He’s kind of looking at Polaris Ranger or Can Am defender.

My dad is in the market for a side by side. Mainly just general work around he hobby farm. Possibly putting a sprayer in the back. We do have to cross a river to access our farm so something with higher ground clearance would be better. For those that have them, what features do you like and would do different? I’m thinking a roof with a front windshield, whether it’s flip up or not might be nice. He’s kind of looking at Polaris Ranger or Can Am defender.

I like my Yamaha Viking, but also heard good things about Can Am.

Defender is really nice. Bro has one. I’d pick it a million times over any Polaris we’ve ever had or driven. IMO- I’d steer clear of Polaris & Gators. I’ve seen great stuff on can am & Honda.

I beat the heck out of my Polaris and it has yet to fail me. We easily carry max payload around on numerous occasions and have never had an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know why you would stay clear of Polaris as I have not really ever heard anyone talk that negative about them before? I'm on my 4th one and they have always been awesome, as well as all of my neighbors continue to buy them as well. Thanks.

I’ve owned a Polaris Ranger 900 and and Sportsman 570. No issues. Good machines. Like anything else pay attention to basic maintenance and you’ll be fine.

I’ve got a pair of Polaris 900’s for the farm and ranch. My father-in-law uses one everyday with his cattle. He has a feeder for the back to be able to dump grain and get around the muddy feedlot. We also use them both with sprayers when we burn pastures or are spraying thistles or just boom spraying food plots.

I've looked at a lot of other machines and wouldn’t consider anything other than a Polaris. Like everything else they can break down but with proper maintenance you can’t go wrong!!

The older gators are almost indestructible. We run them at work till they die, usually around 3500 hrs the motor blows. Not as big a fan of the newer ones. If you have to cross a river anything belt drive could be a problem if the belt gets wet.

I don't have any specific brand recommendations, as I have never owned such a device...yet :), but I can say that I have seen at least one model that can be easily manipulated for there to be a "back seat" OR an extended dump bed/cargo box. I think it was a Kawasaki. If/when I get in the market for one of these, I will be looking for such versatility. For all I know, there may be many options that have this feature, but it struck me when I saw it recently.

Good luck!

I don't have any specific brand recommendations, as I have never owned such a device...yet :), but I can say that I have seen at least one model that can be easily manipulated for there to be a "back seat" OR an extended dump bed/cargo box. I think it was a Kawasaki. If/when I get in the market for one of these, I will be looking for such versatility. For all I know, there may be many options that have this feature, but it struck me when I saw it recently.

Good luck!
Both the Kawasaki and honda do this. Those were my final 2 after test drives and research.

Both the Kawasaki and honda do this. Those were my final 2 after test drives and research.

OK, do you feel like this feature is important to you? My opinion is that this would be very handy...but I really have never looked seriously at buying one yet, so there may be other factors that may be more important to me once I dig into it.

OK, do you feel like this feature is important to you? My opinion is that this would be very handy...but I really have never looked seriously at buying one yet, so there may be other factors that may be more important to me once I dig into it.
For me....absolutely. I wanted the second row of seating for the family but didnt want to be driving a school bus for maneuverability purposes. So both those models give you the cargo box and the seating in a shorter vehicle than having both separate. As for the dump feature.... I'm neutral. I dont use it much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom