Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reveal cam

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Anybody running a reveal camera set to take more than 1 pic?
Ive got mine set to take 3 shot bursts but they only send the 1st lic in the series.

I think they only send the second pic if you have them set to more than 1pic per trigger. I have mine at 1 pic with delay off so I get them all. I think if you set your pics to send every 12 or 24 you'll get faster recovery time than if you set them to timely transmission. Like 5 second recovery instead of 30 seconds.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Correct they will only send one of the pics in the series. I always run cell cams on zero delay and one picture. Also if you set it to dump every 12 or 24 hours you will have a faster recovery and more pictures.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Does the battery last longer if you only have the pics push every 12-24 hrs? Also has anyone set up a solar option with this cam? I bought a HME solar and it wasn't compatible with the tactacam.

Does the battery last longer if you only have the pics push every 12-24 hrs? Also has anyone set up a solar option with this cam? I bought a HME solar and it wasn't compatible with the tactacam.
Yes the battery will last longer for sure. Way less thinking for the camera. Also I believe you can buy an adapter plug for that HME so its compatible with the Reveal. Pretty sure they're cheap on Amazon. I saw it somewhere where guys were doing it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Reveal is my first cellular camera. I have it on some new ground that I have permission to hunt. This ground is some distance away from my normal spots.
So far so good for the price point of the camera and the reception is very good as I picked Version as the carrier. The App is also very user friendly.
On AT there is a thread on this camera and one of Tactacam’s CS guys has posted a BUNCH of things and is very informative with help and asking for more ideas to improve the App and camera.
My only beef with the camera is it’s only taken pics of small bucks so far:(

How are these cams? I just ordered one...reviews are good I hear?
Well Im not 100% sure yet... I really wish it would send all the pics it takes instead of just one out of the 3 shot burst. Also I put it in a spot I already had a spartan cell cam that was taking at the very least a dozen pics every day and I havent got a single one in the last few days so idk if something has changed for some reason or if the cam isnt working right.
They worked great when I tested them in my yard... Id have the 1 pic it sends from the 3 shot burst on my phone within 60sec of walking by the camera

If you turn the settings to 1 picture and send every 12 or 24 hours it will take pics 5 seconds apart fyi.
Ya I made that setting change remotely and Ive only gotten 1 pic since... Hopefully the cam is working but idk for sure, if I dont start getting pics in another day or two Ill be going in and swapping it out

Ok so IDK if Im doing something wrong or what the deal is but why do I have 6 notifications on my phone and the app but only have 2 pics

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Did you refresh your app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep... I get notifications like this with 6 separate notifications but then only have a couple pics show up when I check the app
57d9380ff6374fd6a01dcba2b8a789e8.jpg
9d6a3389dbb2811aa7a8581ae9375217.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

If I was you I’d get ahold of Tactacam CS. They’ve always solved my problems when they come up.

I have 3 reveals. And here is my real world experience so far. I have mine set to take one pic and send immediately. I have had zero issues with the receiving of photos. I did have one cam that sent a pic that was blurry just like the morning dew photos we all love. Well it continued to have the issue. I went and pulled the cam. Looked and there was moisture behind the lens and when i opened the camera water was coming out of it. I contacted tactacam and they had one on my door step in two days. So although i had an issue it was resolved rather quickly.
I like the spartan app better than the tactacam but it still works.
I feel the reveal takes better night photos than my black out spartan but not as good as my IR spartan.
Overall for a $100 camera it does everything i hoped and actually exceeds my expectations. My fear is durability but only time will tell. IF they hold up well I will continue to purchase them

Yep CS is awesome. I had issues with IR not working and they sent me a new one immediately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom