Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chances of a big buck returning after being shot

G

grimreaper69

I know that its hard to predict. i just wonder what your personal experiences with big bucks returning to an area after being arrowed. I hit a double drop, ducked my arrow just enough to hit him higher than i wanted. Absolute giant. All on video. if he didnt duck hes smoked but so be it he did. Bled for 350 yards and clotted up. havent found him yet, been a week. gonna get ready for the rut, let the area sit, maybe just maybe ill get another crack.

Re: Chances of a big buck returning after being sh

this is a pic of him
4591the_king100-med.JPG

2 years ago my wife shot a buck with her bow right above the spine. He blead very little. 3 weeks to the day he came back to the same tree and she made a good shot this time. He scored 173..

Well I sure am hoping the best for you. That is a beauty for sure. Most would say a dream buck with that droptine. I want to see some harvest pics the day you get your second and deserving chance at this brute. Good Luck and keep your head up. Persistance does pay off.

can we see the vid?? or a still from the shot.

As far as the video, i cant release it. im hoping that i can find the buck again and put him on the ground. it would make for a good 20 minute peice on our dvd with a hellof a story. im saving my tag for this dude, regardless of what walks by. Im dedicated to this deer, even passing 160's. Most people will say that the angle of the shot is not best which it wasnt, but i know a deers anatomy and skeletal structure and where the arrow was placed he wouldnt have ran far.The shot was very similar to the shot stan pots took on his 220" but the deer reacted to the arrow and turned. the white spot is where i hit the deer. the pic is not the angle of the real shot.

4591the_king_2-med.JPG

Did you find the arrow?

Did the arrow stay in him and/or break off?

Did you find lung blood?

What kind of broadhead were you shooting?

Arrow angle of entry?

What about busting you in the tree, then being shot at without hitting him?

[ QUOTE ]

Did you find the arrow?

Did the arrow stay in him and/or break off?

Did you find lung blood?

What kind of broadhead were you shooting?

Arrow angle of entry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered this also?

It could have been a fatal shot.

i think you should maybe be looking for him. from any elevation that should be chest cavity and with any luck/decent cut he should be dead. I would not think he would be back after getting hit there.

id guess shoulder blade, ive done that.....
kind of poopy...
but they do survive that kind of stuff.

i know a guy.....(a very lucky guy) who shot a buck in the neck, blood trailed him for quite a while and lost him
then the following evening the same buck with an arrow in his neck came by the same stand and didnt get lost the second time....and scored in the 180's
so he could be back, who knows.....

Top Bottom