Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Made a mistake today

Fishbonker

Life Member
I made a huge mistake today. Those of you who are members of The Iowa Bowhunters Association and actually read “Bonkers World” in the Bowhunter, you know my wife and I are building a new house. Well, better said, we are having a new house built for us.

The gentleman that is doing our millwork; cabinets, doors, trim, mantles and counter tops, came out this afternoon to measure for the mantle in the basement. We were just standing in the driveway talking and he mentioned he needed to get goin so he could make it out to the tree stand this afternoon. Well, one thing lead to another and hunting web sites came up. Seems he is on IWT. I said “I’m Fishbonker”. He looked at me like I had just called his dog lazy and his sister fat and ugly.

He ended up payin me $10.00 not to mention his company’s name. After I ‘splained to him how much money his company would lose if I endorsed them, the $10.00 was a bargain.

Here is my mistake though, I shouldn’t have told him who I was until the rest of the house was done. He designed my bar that has yet to be built. I think I heard him mutter “Now I know where I can use all the crooked lumber” and “I think for ‘Bonker ½ inch is close enough”.

The other mistake I made was not asking what his screen name was. I coulda gouged another $10.00 outta him to keep his name anonymous. Oh well. Looks like you are safe, for now.

The ‘Bonker

I suppose it has been a very long time since I have tried to interject any humor here. Everything I have posted has been so serious and somber for the past year or so. I thought I’d try and share a fun experience with everybody.

Let me try again.

I met a young man a few months ago who designs millwork. He designed our kitchen, bathrooms and up stairs mantle. They are beautiful. We decided to have our basement finished now instead of later. He is designing my bar, the basement mantle and all of the wood work. He had to come out yesterday to get some measurements. We started talking and it turns out he is a bow hunter. We stood in the driveway and talked hunting for quite awhile. It also turns out he comes to this site once in awhile. So I tried to poke some fun at him. Who would want me to endorse their product? Nobody. Because instead of attracting business just being associated with the name “Fishbonker” you will lose business so it has been a standing joke around here, or at least it was, that anything Fishbonker endorses gets the kiss of death so companies pay me not to endorse them. I am not saying there is a bad product just that consumers read what I write or know who I am and that is enough not to try a product. Look at it as extortion, even though you have a wonderful product if you don’t pay me I’ll endorse it and you will lose money, me being the negative effect not the product. I’d even say it was a wonderful product but guilt by association looses the company money.

It is once again just my feeble attempt at humor Arr arr (prolly don’t get that one either) by using myself as both the object and the subject of the vain attempt at making people smile.

OK, guess it is time to go back under the bridge and be the curmudgeon troll I have become.

I guess my true mistake was tryin to have some fun not only at my expense but the gentleman who is doin my millwork.

The ‘Bonker

Last edited:
well, for what its worth, I thought it was funny and knew it was a feeble attempt at humor. Its a giant step for you and I for one am proud to see the "bonker" is coming out of his shell. I just don't think people know how to take your new found humor yet. Give it time itll catch on.

Maybe!

Almost afraid to admit it, but I knew where you were going with the original post. :drink1:

So did I..but I've met The Bonker. All you new guys scratching your heads make sure you introduce yourself to Fishbonker at the classic this year. It will all come together then! :D

Even though I don't actually "know" you, I've read several of your posts and I caught your humor and thought it was pretty darn funny.

Those who do not knopw the BONKER should spend a little time this off season browsing the LEGENDS forum in the PMA section.
Good stuff again Bonker....keep it coming.

I caught the humor in your original post Bonker!! HAHAHAHA! (that's not me mocking you, by the way). Please, keep the humor coming!

Don't post often but we do need the old Bonker back. Who can forget the possum killing miniature baseball bat, the clean shaven Bonker and my all time favorite "Don't drag it across her thigh when you are done."

Please come out from under the bridge. We miss the California camo and cat stories.

Here ya go..:D

582Happy_Hawaiians_Small_-med-1.jpg

I must of missed a lot in the last year?.... Bonker used to be the funny guy with great stories. Not anymore? Did his contract with Makers Mark get pulled out from under him by an outfitter?

Top Bottom