Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Movement update...

iatreehugger

PMA Member
Just a quick note if anyone is wondering what is going on...had a mid 160's on his feet and coming in at 5 in the afternoon today. I didn't know it, but my son had come home from school and slipped into a stand at 4...saw lots of action, and a really good buck breed a doe around 5 in the afternoon as well...looks like game on!!!!

buck movement is good

My 50 acre parcel produced a 141" incher tonight, friend of my son's shot it. (MN)

cedar county IA Not much action here. Seen buck during shooting hours driving atound but all the does have been by themselves when hunting. Rattling grunting nothing coming in.

It was rocking on one of the farms I hunt on Halloween. Nothing over 3.5, but I imagine the big ones should be at it this weekend with the cold weather.

I didn't see squat last night. The 5-10 does that come out like clockwork didn't even show. Something was up.

Saw a nice one standing by a doe that was laying down and not moving around 1630 on Sunday afternoon. They were not fifty yards off the blacktop in a picked field, no cover for hundreds of yards, love seeing that. Scott County

We have been seeing nice bucks bedded down with does...gonna be that way off and on til thanksgiving I bet.

my nightly drive has shown a lot less action and pretty much no bucks. Still seeing plenty of doe groups feeding near bedding areas. I have been seeing a few smaller bucks in the morning, all with does. I have a feeling that the does that have come into heat are being tended and when they're done, the rest of the does will be coming into heat and it's going to be slamming. My prediction is that the top is about blow off this mofo we call the RUT!!!

This weekend will be awesome, and it just so happens that I start my vacation tomorrow night. I have the 5th-15th off to hunt...and I doubt I'm going to need all those days based on the current movement pattern.

It's the CALM before the STORM...

I've been seeing way more movement in the morning. I watched many deer on their feet past 9am this week. They could be moving in the midday but I'm not there to see it.

Sat this morning until noon in Central IA, only 6 does/fawns, a forky, and a small 8. No grunting or chasing. Nothing much happening on this farm yet. No movement after 9:30.

Like every year for me.....November 8th through the 12th will probably be smok'n.

nothing

nothing from my stand tonight - drove by a field and saw 4-5 does and 1 big buck. OF course I don't have permission to hunt it.

update

Made my first trip to the stand of the season today. Seen 7 bucks and 9 does this morning. 5 one and half yr olds. 1 two &half and one 4 1\2 that was locked down with a doe. all the others were just chasing.

I started this post, so thought I should add...this morning, sat in the same stand my son did last night (it is a very safe stand as far as getting busted...its between areas). The wind was perfect this morning, and the only thing I saw is what is normally visible (this morning was as boring as last night was lively!).

Top Bottom