Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Drury outdoors, DNR roung table....great job

Yes I realize that, but I am the only one on here that sees the NR hunting tag issue as a negative to land owners in certain parts of the state?

Big blocks of land are being bought up by former NR then they move to Iowa and become R...many acres off limits to locals. It would be worse if Iowa gave out more tags correct? Yes, maybe, but I think the same amount of acres are being bought up regardless

They (NR) would not need to move here if the tags were not so restrictive, and would more than likely not have such large excessive farms. I can name several large landowners in Iowa, that more than likely would never have moved to Iowa, but they are now residents and have 1000's of acres.

Just my opinion, wondering if anyone else agrees?? Please be friendly, we have had enough fights on this topic:D
Here we go again! Move to Iowa, and hunt as a resident. But you better do it before all the deer are gone.

Yes I realize that, but I am the only one on here that sees the NR hunting tag issue as a negative to land owners in certain parts of the state?

Big blocks of land are being bought up by former NR then they move to Iowa and become R...many acres off limits to locals. It would be worse if Iowa gave out more tags correct? Yes, maybe, but I think the same amount of acres are being bought up regardless

They (NR) would not need to move here if the tags were not so restrictive, and would more than likely not have such large excessive farms. I can name several large landowners in Iowa, that more than likely would never have moved to Iowa, but they are now residents and have 1000's of acres.

Just my opinion, wondering if anyone else agrees?? Please be friendly, we have had enough fights on this topic:D

No, if want an archery tag in Iowa every year then live here.

I highly doubt tons of NR's buy land here then move here and become a R. Buying a farm is thousands of dollars, then they have to buy a house and on and on and on. Where are they going to work, or are these lottery winners? And increasing the number of NR tags or allowing NR to get a buck tag every year will increase the number of land being bought/leased by NR.

Also, my view on the whole food plot thing. I'm mainly agaisnt it for the average person who does it. But, if they do it like Sligh and some others here for the right reasons and have it spread out and such then go for it. But, I hate turning on the outdoor channel and seeing some dude in all his sponosored stuff sit there over a tiny little 1 acre foodplot and nearly half the commericals blabbing about how you have to have a foodplot of such and such.

Just my point of view

Top Bottom