Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

a couple questions

rookie10pt

I have a couple of questions for you guys...

First, i shot my bow the other day with some new arrows i got, anyway it was hitting low and left at 10yds and high at 20 and right on at 30yds, what is wrong? I just found out a couple weeks ago that i am suppose to be waxing my string...so I did...for the first time...ever... so is this the problem?

Second, what refleching stuff would you guys recommend? I'm thinking about getting some stuff so I can reflech my arrows(the archery shop is 12mi away) and am not sure what to get...

thanks in advance...

rookie10pt

Have you walk back tuned your bow?

As far as fletching gear I'd reccomend a Bitzenburger fletcher. Also get a good tool to scrape the old gllue off the arrow. Goat Tuff glue works well for fletching too.

Save yourself some headaches and just get shrink fletches. They go on easy and when you need to replace they come off easy and clean no scraping.

As far as arrow flight its not from waxing your string.

Last edited:
WELCOME TO THE SITE! That's an unusuall flight pattern. Perhaps your shafts are not splined to match your bow or your release is not consistant? You need to get the bow tuned and center shot 1st, check the arrow spline and go from there.

WELCOME TO THE SITE! That's an unusuall flight pattern. Perhaps your shafts are not splined to match your bow or your release is not consistant? You need to get the bow tuned and center shot 1st, check the arrow spline and go from there.
Good answer! Check your arrow spine for the pounds you are pulling.

So i looked it up and i have the correct spine for my draw weight/length and tip weight...

so this is a dumb question but what does this (You need to get the bow tuned and center shot 1st) mean?

thanks for your help!!

I would looking for fletching contact. Put lipstick on the edge of the vanes then shoot a few arrows and looking transfer. That what it sounds like to me. If you went to a tall style vane.

The link below shows the difference between straight fletch and helical, offset fletch will have a slight 'slant' to it going down the shaft. At least that's how I understand it. It can be a problem with prong-style rests but I don't think it makes that much of a difference with whisker biscuits. It might cause a little problems with helical vanes, but I used to shoot offset vanes and a whisker biscuit and had no problems. To tell you the truth I don't have any idea why you are having those problems. Are you shooting field points? You might want to go into an archery shop if you have one nearby and shoot a few arrows, they are usually more than willing to help out. Hope it works out for you.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=stra...bnw=114&start=18&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:18

Where are you taking your bow to have it worked on? I would not recommend a big box store.

What vanes did your old arrows have on them? Blazers are taller than most.

Last edited:
I am taking it to jim's sport shop in waverly. He specializes in bows and stuff like that... I had blazers on my old arrows to...

Jim's not bad, a good basic bow wrench. If at all possible, I'd suggest Dave at double lung in LaPorte city.

Also, I'm assuming you switched arrow brands. sometimes bows can be like firearms, i.e. be kinda fussy about what they'll put down range consistently. good news is a good bow mechanic can probably tweak your setup to match your new arrows.

I second Dave he is top notch. Well worth the drive.
Jim's not bad, a good basic bow wrench. If at all possible, I'd suggest Dave at double lung in LaPorte city.

Also, I'm assuming you switched arrow brands. sometimes bows can be like firearms, i.e. be kinda fussy about what they'll put down range consistently. good news is a good bow mechanic can probably tweak your setup to match your new arrows.

Top Bottom