Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help Choosing a Future Bow?

I am still shooting the starter bow that I got 4 years ago and was thinking about getting a new bow in the near future (maybe) but college is gonna $$$. I realize that I need to get a bow that works well for me, but what are your opinions? I really like the PSE bows and I would like a fast, forgiving, all-around good bow. Money isn't that big of a problem, but then again I am paying for an education right now and the money I make is mainly going towards that. It's time for an upgrade, what do you like?

hit the shops and shoot everybrand and model you can get your hands on. the right bow will find you.

i would suggest a trip to buck hollow sports in pella

hit the shops and shoot everybrand and model you can get your hands on. the right bow will find you.

i would suggest a trip to buck hollow sports in pella

Ditto..... Anyone that tells you that you have to shoot a certain brand bow for what ever reason is wrong. You have to find something that is comfortable to you.

Make sure you go and shoot a few different brands. I am a Hoyt guy myself, I shoot a Carbon Element. I shot mathews, pse, bear, and the list goes on...The Hoyt just felt like a perfect fit, and even my mathews buddies agreed..but its got to be what fits you..

buckfever321 said:
I realize that I need to get a bow that works well for me, but what are your opinions?

Your on the right track.

It's time for an upgrade, what do you like?

I like Mathews :rolleyes: I've shot Hoyt, Bear, PSE, and Mathews. Mathews has always felt the best draw cycle to me.

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

Last edited:
A really nice line of bows without the "nearly 4 digits" price tag is the Diamond bows, made by Bowtech. When I was upgrading a year ago I shot every brand out there, and the Diamond was very comparable to the Mathews for a lot less $$.

NWBuck

Get a used bow from one of those guys that has to trade every year. A one year old bow for about half the money is a bargain.

I have shot and hunted with pretty much all the brands but I have sided with bowtech they have a lot to offer on their bows and have a great selection of bows from Diamond and Ross. I shoot the Bowtech Old Glory and its fits me well it is smooth and hits hard. Dad just bought the Destroyer 350 after shooting all the Hoyts and PSE. The bow pretty much fits every person ive talked to and its an extremely fast bow so I would at least suggest shooting some of these bows.

Get a used bow from one of those guys that has to trade every year. A one year old bow for about half the money is a bargain.

Limb Chicken is about do...... and he shoots Elite that has a transferable warranty.:drink1:

Before you buy something it is a good idea to do a web search. I like to type in the bows name then problems. Usually has an AT link. But I like to read those and see the issues guys have been having with the bow Im looking at buying.

I like some of the new bow companies bows but most are asking the same price or more for bows as the companies that have been around.

Limb Chicken is about do...... and he shoots Elite that has a transferable warranty.:drink1:

Before you buy something it is a good idea to do a web search. I like to type in the bows name then problems. Usually has an AT link. But I like to read those and see the issues guys have been having with the bow Im looking at buying.

I like some of the new bow companies bows but most are asking the same price or more for bows as the companies that have been around.

Good idea:way:

Go shoot as many different kinds of bows that you can. Find the one that fits you and buy it off of ebay used from the guys that trade out every year. Should be looking at a $750-$1000 new bow that will cost you ~$500 used. Then the most important thing IMO is having an expert set it up to fit you perfect.

Choosing what kind of bows to shoot is kind of like picking what golf clubs to buy. They all look and feel different to everyone who uses that particular piece of equipment. Like other guys on the thread...i'm sure everyone has their favorite but go out and shoot a few and you will know which one feels right to you. And IMO...depending on what your "actual" money situation is...I would get a brand new bow. It is more expensive but atleast you know it hasn't been drug through who knows what.

I agree with most of the above guys, hit the shops and shoot as many as you can, everyone has a difference in opinion. That being said I shoot the pse evo and love it. But anyone who has shot a certain bow for a period of time is going to say go buy this one, it may be exactly what you want or you may hate it. Try a few out and you will know when its right. Kinda like dating, try as many models out as you can until you find the perfect fit. Altho is usually cheaper to trade in a bow in a few years than it is a women. LOL good luck in your search

I agree with most of the above guys, hit the shops and shoot as many as you can, everyone has a difference in opinion. That being said I shoot the pse evo and love it. But anyone who has shot a certain bow for a period of time is going to say go buy this one, it may be exactly what you want or you may hate it. Try a few out and you will know when its right. Kinda like dating, try as many models out as you can until you find the perfect fit. Altho is usually cheaper to trade in a bow in a few years than it is a women. LOL good luck in your search

I have heard a lot of good things about the evo, I will be sure to shoot that bow. Price scares me a little, but what bow price won't? lol

I bought a Mathews z7 last year and am absolutely sold on Mathews! The smoothest, most quiet bow I have ever shot. It's speed is awesome as well.

I agree with most others, just go out and shoot them all. When you shoot it, it will just feel good all around. I currently shoot a PSE and love it, shot a lot of others and to me it felt the best, and if price is an issue a lot of the mid ranged bows are nice for a reasonable price.

Top Bottom