Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera set-ups

this summer... nothing is working. The big bucks are in hiding

I'll second that. One of our farms they are virtually non-existant (theres 800 acres of corn there this year 1/4 mile out, that wasn't there last year)...but the does are there on our farm....so come season I know that the big boys will be roaming around. The other farm we have had a constant buck or two around but I think we are in their homestead and right next to several corn fields. Occationally, we will a traveler or two, but not like you will come rut.

I have had best luck for pictures over a rock or mineral, where are others having success?

Getting alot of good pics on mineral and just started putting out summer no till corn last week :grin:
The pics will start pouring in now! Probably check the cams later this week!

Makes me feel better! My usual pic spots are not producing now with the exception of a couple tweeners.

dedgeez said:
Getting alot of good pics on mineral and just started putting out summer no till corn last week :grin:
The pics will start pouring in now! Probably check the cams later this week!

How much will the no till produce? You will not get ears will you?

How much will the no till produce? You will not get ears will you?

HAHA, No it's just a another way of saying, "I'm putting a pile of corn in front of my cams". It's just that alot of dudes on this site don't like the idea of putting corn out for trail cam pics. So I just call it "summer no till" :drink2:

You're right, it probably won't produce any ears :grin:

I'm getting a boat load of buck pictures! The problem is half of them won't be around after they shed their velvet. I put my cams between the food source and water or bedding. Lots of pics around 8:00 am in July.

I got the idea to put alfalfa cubes out and then poured molasses all over the pile the deer were loving it. You can get the cubes and molasses at Farm and Fleet.

dedgeez said:
HAHA, No it's just a another way of saying, "I'm putting a pile of corn in front of my cams". It's just that alot of dudes on this site don't like the idea of putting corn out for trail cam pics. So I just call it "summer no till" :drink2:

You're right, it probably won't produce any ears :grin:

Gotcha, I do the same, but didn't want to advertise! :grin:[/QUOTE]

this is my first summer with trail cams. i've been using Trophy Rock and then just livestock mineral with good results. I've heard that by the end of the summer, deer just don't care about mineral any more. what do you guys like to use until October?

lutyman said:
this is my first summer with trail cams. i've been using Trophy Rock and then just livestock mineral with good results. I've heard that by the end of the summer, deer just don't care about mineral any more. what do you guys like to use until October?

Fence and creek crossings. Rubs and scrapes when and where you can find them. Pinch points and heavy used trails.

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

good points. i definitely found plenty of scrapes and rubs last year close to my spot. i worry a little about scaring deer off by getting into their travel areas but they don't seem to mind just yet. sometimes i wonder if deer will get habituated to my scent and maybe not worry so much come October...

We have been using mega rack mineral blocks on our camera setups. These blocks have been producing excellant results for us. They are a relatively new product but contain some very essential minerals, not only for antler growth but for doe health during fawning and milking. Fawns are hitting them alot also, providing an excellant source to establish a healthy deer herd. Check em out @ www.temptationlures.com. GOOD STUFF

Top Bottom