Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

The market is now global, if you are ONLY marketing/selling and manufacturing in the US you are probably a dying business. The largest corporation in the US will soon be Apple Inc. They currently have more cash on hand then the US government (not joking). They sell and manufacture everywhere.

My point is, every company must look global, if not, don't even bother you will not be able to compete.

Unfortunately for many of us in the US, this is too true. If there is anyone out there that thinks Todd has made a mistake by sourcing his product elsewhere in the world, then they should feel free to fill the void and make a saw here in the US and take it to market. I think about everyone would end up making the same decision as he did once they put a pencil to it.

I will add that I don't like it either, but there are economic realities that "force" people this way and while I don't like it, I understand it. On a sort of related note...I bought one of my boys a hunting knife this past Christmas and I had to sort through quite a few offerings before I found one made in the USA. How many of us will choose the more expensive USA made alternative v. a cheaper option made overseas?

Last edited:
So; i would imagine this will be stocked on Wally World shelves along with the other imports. It's always nice to know you can buy the cheap alternative when you're on a budget.

Todd, it looks like a great product!:way: Even more impressive was your ability to respond politely to the negativity while edjucating along the way, something many of us could use a crash course (or maybe a full study) in!:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new business venture, I hope it goes well for you!;)

Good luck Todd. I received mine today....looks and feels tuff! Can't wait to give it a try

Last edited:
Todd, it looks like a great product!:way: Even more impressive was your ability to respond politely to the negativity while edjucating along the way, something many of us could use a crash course (or maybe a full study) in!:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new business venture, I hope it goes well for you!;)

Well said :way:

I have had the same Gerber for the past 5 years but when it's done I will get one of yours hats off to your venture wish you all the luck

Just got mine in the mail yesterday and tried it on a few branches at home. So far, so good. Definately built FORD tough. A lot different from the plastic ones I used to buy and break.

Todd any plans on coming up with a callapsible pole saw like the Hooyman in the future? It helps cut down on gear you pack in.

Last edited:
I will be doing a pole saw in the near future. It will have features and benefits over any system out there. Thanks for the interest guys, and let me know what you think of the saws after you get some pulling time out in the field!

I will be doing a pole saw in the near future. It will have features and benefits over any system out there. Thanks for the interest guys, and let me know what you think of the saws after you get some pulling time out in the field!

Awesome!

Design feature request: Can the pole saw be designed to utilize the hand saw as the business end? This would eliminate one more thing to carry into the field. I use my current pole saw this way (Hooyman) but, a more durable solution is needed :)

Top Bottom