Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

194" in colo 223" in ks Muly Success

hansen12h

I know this is IA whitetail and all but when they let an iowa deer hunter loose in the hi country of colorado and western kansas for the month of sept I thought i should post some pics. Hunting was pretty tough in both places with drought conditions and the heat, but was able to track down a couple dandys. Now to the treestand in iowa!!! Good luck to alll!!

Man, you've already had a dream season! An Iowa whitetail would just be the icing on the cake!!!! Congrats on some monster mulies!:way:

As I promised! Hopefully you can add a bruiser whitetail to go on the wall next to these big boys

kansasmuly080.jpg

kansasmuly078.jpg

deerincolo0042.jpg

boger310.jpg

kansasmuly088.jpg

Last edited:
Id have to do a whole lot of typing to tell all the stories! and i aint much for typing lol In the off time also went and got an over the counter antelope bow tag and stuck me a 70in goat! So needless to say this was a month to remember! The young lady in the photo shot her first buck out there with me also with her bow, after some heartbreaking misses! In Colorado we hunted DIY land mainly. I spent all my time above timberline with muzz. With her we didnt go so high up. Her buck was in velevet in the AM when we seen it at 15yds i had her pass it up for the giant behind him>>> needless to say she was a lil nervous shooting at a 30in wide 220in giant lol So in the afternoon we tracked that other one down and she made a great shot on him! And then i was back to huntn after a 3 day break to help her went back up top with only 2 days left before season was over and had to head to ks for threre early muzz opener. just picked me out a sit by and glass a hillside and found that giant in velevet layn behind a rock. Got the wind right and crawled with in a hundred yards waitn for him to stand up, 2HRs later he was still layn there so it was about dark so took a shot at him and smoked him in the shoulder and he came down the hill to me lol. Packed him out then off to kansas to a friends house that has 18k acres of amazing hunting! Monday am and pm hunting was terrible 85 deg blown 35 so decided to drive home to ia and work for awhile and head back in a wk. A wk later i get a call on tues afternoon sayn i think u better pack up and get out here someone just seen a giant out here. And we all know how that goes!! Farmer Joe at the coffee shops giants are just a lil dif>>>idc if it weighs 800lbs if it aint got a rack! lol anyway drove thru night wed to hunt thur am and pm no luck on big bucks then fri am rolls around get out glassing a crp field/pasture bordering corn field and there he stood all alone! I was like there aint no way this will ever work but followed him all the way thru crp watching his anlters. 5ooyds behind him walking into the wind lil did he know there was a fat red headed guy behind him!! And thank god in ks they let ya have a scope so i had the savage dialed in with it on unlike colo. Anyway after 3 hrs of following he bedded up on north facing ridge in shade and i got up to 80yds and couldnt find him back. Thhhhen the wind switches felt it blowing on my neck and knew things were gona get rolling real fast! bad or good didnt know! Three bucks stood up one a 30in 190in and i knew it wasnt him and they all started walking off! I thought to myself howd you come this far and F this up! Being a racecar driver i aint the most patient guy in the world trust me! But i just layed there with bipods down and sure enough 6 deer later he walked up behind em all thank the lord a perfect 120yd shot and my sept came to a close with a whole lot of bone on the ground and some amazing experinces! head back out there to guide some guys from oregon on a 5day bowhunt so hope there as lucky!!! Long winded story but hell i was there a month and didnt even get into most of the details!!! thanks for all the compliments and best of luck to yall.

Top Bottom