Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bucks on their feet?

beararchery

Just wondering if anyone is getting pics of bucks on their feet in daylight. Iv inlet had 1 good buck that has showed himself in day light.

Not much but coons on my trail cams in the last week or so. But there is still an aweful lot of corn that needs picked right next to me. Just a matter of time.

I have not had any mature bucks show them selves during light yet. My last pull did show many younger bucks in daylight. It is about to heat up big time in a week or so! can not wait!

I will let you know after tomorrow night, finally making it out for a hunt!!! :)

I wasn't going to hunt until the 26th but how can you not with lows in the 30's?
World Series game 1 or bowhunt..time will tell :)

Trail camera caught this on the 15th at noon....gets the blood runnin!

304122_548999015799_138801477_31216429_643945474_n.jpg

317115_548999025779_138801477_31216430_1077933619_n.jpg

I caught two mature bucks in a creek bottom at 10:36 am and 11:02 am last Saturday morning. Just put the cameras in the spot on Friday. Guess they may be starting to move.

I think I will hold out for one more week until it is in full swing.

abelr said:
I caught two mature bucks in a creek bottom at 10:36 am and 11:02 am last Saturday morning. Just put the cameras in the spot on Friday. Guess they may be starting to move.

I think I will hold out for one more week until it is in full swing.

Yea I'm done tell November

I pulled cards on sunday and had no mature bucks even close to shooting hours had a few smaller bucks but always in morning and temps were always in lower 40s

mkjruh said:
I pulled cards on sunday and had no mature bucks even close to shooting hours had a few smaller bucks but always in morning and temps were always in lower 40s

I have been seeing young bucks in afternoon hunts a lot. Only one shooter 25 minutes before dark, went out tonight to see 11 does and 4 young bucks. Shouldn't be long when we start seeing mature bucks on their tails. So till then I'm waiting.

I just got back from an evening sit and this cool weather definitely got the deer moving. Had a nice 3.5 yr old 10 up and dogging a couple does and sparring with a couple smaller bucks. Ended up seeing 9 does, 4 bucks, 6 raccoons and 1 possum. Had my son with me in the tree so it was a great night.

Sitting over an alfalfa field tonight and had over 20 does, couple small bucks and a shooter was chasing a hot doe. Didnt think it was possible that a doe would be in heat this early but she was a lone doe and he was on her tail. Trust me guys, I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it. Pretty good activity tonight, the buck chasing the doe came through the field at 520 or so and had deer moving the entire time. Other than that the only shooter I have seen this year was last saturday morning right at daybreak.

Sitting over an alfalfa field tonight and had over 20 does, couple small bucks and a shooter was chasing a hot doe. Didnt think it was possible that a doe would be in heat this early but she was a lone doe and he was on her tail. Trust me guys, I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it. Pretty good activity tonight, the buck chasing the doe came through the field at 520 or so and had deer moving the entire time. Other than that the only shooter I have seen this year was last saturday morning right at daybreak.

In 2008, I watched a 6 1/2 year old buck breed a doe twice one evening, and it was October 24th. I still remember that because I had a camera man in the tree with me and I looked at him and said, "Thats not supposed to happen on October 24th". :grin:

1 doe I saw last night must be coming in heat somewhat. She had 4 bucks following her around and 2 were 4 1/2 year or older.

In 2008, I watched a 6 1/2 year old buck breed a doe twice one evening, and it was October 24th. I still remember that because I had a camera man in the tree with me and I looked at him and said, "Thats not supposed to happen on October 24th". :grin:

1 doe I saw last night must be coming in heat somewhat. She had 4 bucks following her around and 2 were 4 1/2 year or older.

I wish I could find the article, maybe it was Charles Alsheimer but when what we call the "rut" happens, only 40% of the does come into esterus. Some does get bred as early as september and some as late as January. It's a histogram (bell curve).

I'm heading out for the first time tomorrow evening, can't wait! I too usually don't venture into the woods 'til Halloween, but the weather is awesome!

I wish I could find the article, maybe it was Charles Alsheimer but when what we call the "rut" happens, only 40% of the does come into esterus. Some does get bred as early as september and some as late as January. It's a histogram (bell curve).

Interesting side topic and sorry for getting off topic BUT I agree, lots of does coming into heat at ODD times. SIMPLY- look at the fawns you see in the summer and even into early fall- you see such a variety, some look almost like adult deer while others are still very small with spots, such a variance.

Again, I'm off tonight to see what's happening in the woods SO I hope something's moving :) I'm not putting a whole lot of hope into shooting a mature buck but rather just getting out & relaxing in one of my non-invasive spots. Good luck to all!

Top Bottom